Backgrounds

Ok, so now you've created your Demigod
And everything is now starting to come together

now it's time for another basic that is especially essential in shaping your demigod's life and who your demigod is in general
Their Background

Specifically the 3 aspects I can think of for now to keep in mind when writing your demigods' background

As these are the 3 I had the time to process and type down before I could come to the other aspects.

And hopefully I'll be able to help some folks out or atleast give someone an entertaining read with this chapter. Because to be honest, I've had some trouble with it for quite some time now.

Anyways
Let's get on the rest, shall we?

Step Parents:

Often times, as all of you may know, The Gods aren't really around their demigod kids

Often times, as all of you may know, The Gods aren't really around their demigod kids. So a huge majority of demigods have either single parents (like Hazel, Frank, Leo, Jason and Piper) or their parent married to a step parent (like Percy and Annabeth)

which brings me to one point, step parents. Now you'd normally get two types people often picture, the Evil Step parent you'd normally find in Fairy tales and the more normal, realistic ones like Paul Blofis and Mrs. Chase.

One thing all of us know though, despite what people might think, the first example, is rather unrealistic and if they are real, rather rare, sure you'd get the occasional pieces of garbage here and there (*coughs hysterically* Gabe, we're looking at you, even if you can't look back anymore cuz well...you're a statue -_-) but not so much so they'd make their step kid into their personal slaves. More often, you'd get step parents like Mrs.Chase and Paul Blofis, who adopt their partners' kids as their own and love them just as much or atleast try to. That is if your demigod and their stepparent has clashing personalities or situations.

Keep in mind, not all demigods are accepting of their step parents, at least at first, and sometimes not all step parents are accepting of demigods. Which is a natural reaction for some children, especially when when they're around elementary school age (6-10). Unless they either knew the Step Parent from the get go, already had a good bond with them before the relationship or was simply too young to remember that beginning. Though not in all children as each child is different and approaches difficult situations in their own different way.

There isn't many literary examples I can think of here, outside of ofcourse, Uncle Rick's rendition of them. Mainly since outside of Rick Riordan books these parents are usually portrayed in the same way the cringey Percy Jackson Fanfics portray them on here.
So unfortunately, I don't have alot to go off of.

The best advice in writing these kinds of parents is to give them as much development as you give your other characters, which is hopefully alot. That way you'll be able to put the other puzzle pieces in place such as their relationship with your demigod, both before and after they end up with their biological parent. In other words, you have to give them a voice, figure out what makes them tick.