Chapter 9 |~| Past

Start from the beginning

"God (f/n) you look tired!" Shouts Yoichi as he greets you outside your dorm.
"Yeah didn't get much sleep last night, went for a run woke up to be asleep in the cafeteria like 20 minutes ago." Explaining as you scratch you head and yawning. Yoichi smiles at you as the two of you make your way down the hall. Greeting the rest of your squad you all make your way through the day. Training, lunch, more training, a break and then more training. Now finally dinner. Sitting down at the tables you look over to Yuu. He looks like he's about to break.
"Hey Yuu, you okay?" You ask carefully. Everyone turns to look at Yuu.
"Yeah, you looks a bit off"
"You sure your okay"
"What's wrong with you, hard head?" Everyone asks.
"I'm fine." Yuu says bluntly.
"You sure?" You ask again, making sure he was okay.
"I'M FINE!" Yuu shouts. Everyone shocked at his sudden outburst. Getting up he walks away. Everyone sitting at the table still. A couple of seconds later you stand up. You follow Yuu down the hall shouting to gain his attention.
"Yuu, Yuu YUU WAIT UP!" You shout. Yuu keeps walking his pace speeding up. Trailing behind him, Yuu opens his bedroom dorm and slams it behind him. Walking up to the door slowly, you knock lightly.
"Yuu, your not okay that's clear, do you want to talk about it. Come on. Yuu?" Speaking softly.
"Yuu?" Hearing soft footsteps the door opens suddenly.
"LEAVE ME ALONE. I'M FINE." Yuu raises his voice.
"NO YOU ARE NOT!" Shouting back at him. He looks down at the ground.
"They're all dead. There not coming back." Yuu mumbles. He looks up at you.
"They're all dead (f/n), and I'm never going to get mika back." Tears fall from his eyes. Suddenly to Yuu's surprise you hug him gently.
"It's okay Yuu." You mumble into his chest. Yuu gently wraps his arms around you, tightly. Slowly pulling away from Yuu, you look at his red, puffy face.
"Why don't you go get some sleep?" You place a hand lightly upon his shoulder giving him a soft smile, but your eyes showing worry. Worry for him.
"Yeah. I might do that." Yuu rubs his eyes dry, rubbing away his salty tears.
"Do you need anything?" You ask just as he is about to turn away from you and back into his room.
"I . Um . Can you stay with me for a bit, just until I fall asleep?" Yuu ask nervously.
"Yeah, sure." You slowly walk into Yuu's room. After Yuu walks around his room a bit and shuffles somethings around, he finally sits down on his bed. Walking over to his still, sitting figure you sit next to him in his bed. Looking at him, you see him look like he is on the verge of crying again. Shuffling a bit closer to him, you wrap your arm around him. You hand rubbing his back. Your hand slowly moving up and down. Yuu places his head on your shoulder as you move your arm and rub his arm. You arm still wrapped around him. Listening to his soft, deep breaths. He fades into sleep. His hair tickling your neck as he breaths, but you didn't want to disturbs him. Lifting your head up and placing it onto of his, like a mother comforting her sleeping child. Lightly breathing at the same rhythm as Yuu. Tilting your head you smell his hair. It smells sweet, but musky like in a need of a wash. Getting up quietly, you place Yuu's head on his pillow, lifting his feet to join him in the bed. Grabbing the blanket from under him placing it carefully on top of him. Smiling you leave the room. Pulling the door until you hear a soft click. Walking down the hall something feels like it's hit you in the stomach. Falling to the ground with a soft thud onto your hands and knees. Holding your stomach seeing if you had been hit with something, but then the pain hits you again. This time you know exactly what this pain is. It hunger. Getting up with using the hallway wall as a support. As you stand you wait a couple of seconds to see if you can get through the pain. Confirming that you could you make your way to Guren's office. It is closer then your dorm. After managing to get through that shots of pain that kept coming through your body you open Guren's office door. Holding your stomach, sweat falling from you hairline. Guren runs to his draw and grabs a tube. Stumbling in you sit on the ground breathing heavily. Guren throws you the tube. Catching it the contents is gone in seconds. Your breath retuning to normal and the pain fading to nothing. Throwing the tube into a bin on the opposite side of the room you looks up at Guren.
"Hey old man, what's up?" You ask stupidly.
"I could ask you the same thing you twit." Grumbles Guren.
"One, I'm not a twit but you are an old man and two, I was making sure Yuu was okay, had a bad day and when I left his room pain hit me. Literally." Getting up off the ground you wipe the bottom of your skirt with your hand to get ride of any dust on it, something falling out of your pocket as you do so.
"Yeah I saw he was in the dumps it's that day again." Guren crosses his arms and looks at the ground, noticing something.
"Okay bye old man." You turn and walk out of his office waving as you leave. Out of Guren's sight he walks over a picks up a small, thin, flat object off the ground. Lifting it up, Turing the object over. To shock.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Credit to Moontear9870