Chapter 5

Chapter 5: City of Nightmares

Max and Alex were approaching, what was referred to as a city, but was now a demolishing site.

Various notices of infected were everywhere, destroyed buildings, car filled streets, and uncountable amount of dead people.

Max covers his mouth from puking, as he saw how many of the deceased humans were ripped apart, with dried blood that spilled out of their mouths.

Alex, on the other hand, puked away from Max and on a car on Alex's left.

Max swallowed his own vomit and groaned softly as he looked around.

"How are we suppose to find any useful resources in a place like this?" Alex said, not really wanting to venture further into this destruction.

Max, on the other hand, held his associate's mouth and listened.

In the distance, there was a sound he could define as a door being forcefully opened.

Max grabs Alex's hand and drags him into the city, to the sound were Max has heard it.

After about three minutes of running, they saw a 22 year old man, stabbing infected all over the house.

Alex wanted to join but Max showed him to wait it out.

After maybe another few minutes, there were no more sounds of infected being killed and the man walked out of the building.

This man walks to the boys and aims his M300 semi-auto Shotgun at Max's head. "State your name, and purpose"

"What's your name?" Max asked as he holds his hands in the air, being very familiar to this kind of situation.

The man looks at him. "Answer me kid. I'll shoot you dead and your friend is next." He said and grabs a magnum pistol from its holster and aims it at Alex's head.

Alex froze and tried to think of a plan to get themselves of this mess

"Alright fine. I'm Max Dark, this is Alex. We just came from the woods, looking for supplies and heading to New Orleans" Max said, a bit concerned for his friend.

Alex looked at Max in total disbelief. He answered a person that almost 3 years older than him, threatened to kill the two of them if they didn't answer him, yet he was sort of....calm.

The man placed his pistol back into its holster. And his shotgun stayed in his arms. "I'm Castro Helenski" he said.

"Oh thank Fuck. I thought we were about to di-"

A scream in the distance silenced Alex in mid-sentence. "Oh come on. Another screaming person?!" Alex yelled, causing a few infected to run towards him.

Max thought quickly and grabbed his pistol, shooting two infected in their heads and grabbed his baseball bat, whacking three other infected's heads off

Castro was somewhat amazed but he didn't compliment Max. "Let's go see if we can find this person"

Max and Alex agreed and took point but Max ran back to his car, driving towards the duo and showed them to get in.

As they drove, they saw that one of the houses were set on fire. "That must've been one Hell of a fight there" Alex commented, making Castro groan.

Max saw in the distance a very young girl, about maybe 15 or 16 but she was holding a pistol in her left hand, and a knife in the other.

She looked very determined as well. Max drives all the way to her.

"Hey. Need a ride?" Max asked her.

The girl looks at Max and took his offer, getting in the car. "Thanks guys. I really needed a ride." She started.

Alex and Castro looks at the girl, letting the silence roam until Max broke the silence. "What's your name?"

The girl answered. "Bailee. Bailee Taylor" she said, very confident.

Max smiles. "Nice to meet you Bailee" he said and Alex and Castro just stayed silence.

THEY'RE SAFE... FOR NOW...

_______________________________________

Copyright:

Max Dark belongs to Darkness_exe

Alex belongs to FlamingFoxWWE

Castro Helenski belongs to CastroHelenski

Bailee Taylor belongs to Story-Producer

Thank you all so much for reading.