Pocket

Scott lets his mind wander as Mr. Hull drones on about WWII. He's thinking about Mitch again. Trying to be subtle, he slowly turns his head to look at the boy sitting in the desk beside him.

They've only spoken a few times. They always say hello when they both get to class. Mitch borrowed a pen once. Scott at one point asked to see his notes because he was absent the day before.

Scott finds him intriguing. Mitch is more than willing to speak up during class discussions, voicing his opinions with a quiet confidence. But he often keeps his head down in the hallways, rarely speaking to anyone besides his small group of friends.

Scott blinks quickly when Mitch looks over at him. He feels his face getting hotter as he turns away, attempting to tune back into the lecture, but he can see the smile on the boy's face.

When the bell rings, Scott gathers his books and retrieves his jacket from the back of his chair, quickly making his way into the hall.

He's standing at his locker when he reaches into his pocket and feels something. He pulls out the small slip of paper and his eyes widen when he read the note. Hastily scrawled on the ripped off corner of the page are the words 'Call me. -Mitch' below his phone number.