0.3

Chapter Three:

-after school-

"So," a deep rumble of a voice drifted in the air. John jumped, pushing his locker door half closed to see Sherlock leaned up next to it.

John smiled and sighed, "Hello Sherlock."

"Hi," Sherlock smiled broadly. "I was wondering, when shall I pick you up? And where?"

John shuffled his binders around, "Oh, how about 7." John shut his locker and slung his backpack around his shoulder. He pulled out a pen and took Sherlock's slender hand, writing down his number and address on it.

Irene walked by and stopped, glancing at the two, "Hey babe." John tucked his pen away and looked at her with a horrified look.

Sherlock rolled his eyes, "Don't call me that."

"Why can't I? You're my boyfriend so I think I can call you that," Irene didn't even bat an eye.

"Girlfriends do not talk to their boyfriends like that. We were never official, and so for out little unofficial thing, well it's over." Sherlock's chest rose and fell quickly. John and Irene's eyes widened.

"What?! You can't just dump me!"

"I just did. Oh don't act so surprised. You'll find a goldfish and you won't care, you never really have." Sherlock spat, he didn't want this from her.

She but her lip, "For once in my life I actually cared. Good bye Sherlock Holmes, I hope you rot in hell."

"They'll be a place right next to me for you, darling." Sherlock sneered. Irene stalked off, a tear sliding down her face. John left his mouth open, it was all so fast.

"Uhm," John managed to whisper.

Sherlock's gaze softened when he looked at John, "I'm sorry."

"Do you not feel anything?" John's eyebrows furrowed.

Sherlock shrugged, "We were drifting apart, I let go a month ago. I tried to push her away and I thought we were over but she wouldn't let go I guess."

John looked dumbfounded at the teenager before him, "You're crazy."

"Crazy about you," Sherlock slipped out of his mouth. He regretted the words as he said them, embarrassment flooding through him for one of the first times ever. John made him embarrassed constantly, he also made him uncontrollably giddy. Josh blushed deeply, looking away and fiddling with his fingers. "C'mon," Sherlock slid his hand around John's.

John looked up, "Wha-?"

Sherlock bit his lip and pulled him out of the school. "I can't wait for 7, sorry John." Kids gave them double takes realising the two were holding hands.

John blushed and looked down, squeezing Sherlock's hand, "People are looking Sherlock, they'll start rumours."

"I don't give a damn, I want to hold your hand so I will." Sherlock ended his sentence with a matter-o-fact tone so John could not argue. He tried but Sherlock brushed him off and just squeezed his hand harder. Sherlock pulled him across the grass and across town. John realised after awhile they were walking on a dirt road, trees outlining the sky with big, green leaves, fluttering in the sunlight and wind.

"Where are we?" John smiled as he looked around, it was all so beautiful.

"On the way to my house," Sherlock smiled at John.

John frowned, "Your house?"

"No one will be home, maybe my brother but I'm sure he's with his friends." Sherlock shrugged it off, squeezing John's hand again. When the reached the end of the path they found themselves at a a wiry gate. Sherlock slid a thin key into the big, elegant lock on the gate. It clicked and they pushed through, closing the gate behind them. They walked down another dirt road, kicking pebbles. A mahogany door sat before them, holding another elegant lock. Sherlock slipped the same key as before not this lock. It clicked and creaked open into a long hallway. Sherlock turned his gaze to John, "Welcome." John smiled weakly, pulling his hand out of Sherlock's grasp and wiping the sweat off it. Sherlock pushed him in and closed the door.