Mark: "Find who now?" he asked Herin as she was startled to see him not having gone back inside yet.
Herin: "Oppa..." her eyes wandered to avoid eye contact.
Manager: "Mark, it's a good thing you're here! Have you seen Koeun around?" he asked, trying to catch his breath.

Mark: "Isn't she in the dorm?"
Manager: "We were on our way up and she asked to see my phone. She told me she wanted to call her parents so I lent it to her. Then the girls told me that there have been malicious rumors of Koeun spreading online---" he started to weep. "We can't find Koeun right now... and with all of the negative comments about her-- I'm so scared she might do something stupid" he wept.
Mark: "She's not like that. She's not stupid enough to hurt herself" he assured the manager. "I'll look for her too. Where have you guys tried already?" he asked.
Manager: "Front, back, alley, basement... no where. We even went up to the rooftop in case... but she wasn't up there either" he cried. "Koeun-ah, where are you????" he called out to her.

Mark: "Did you try calling your phone?"
Manager: "It went straight to voice mail"
Mark: "I'll go down the street just in case" he told the manager. "You guys try the other end" he instructed.
Manager: "Okay, be careful! There are a lot of cars out tonight" he yelled.
Herin: "Oppa!" she called out to Mark as he was about to turn the corner.
Mark: "Hair accessory, huh?" he shot her a dead glare.

Herin's heart broke in pieces. Mark has never-- NEVER-- ever glared at her, let alone get mad at her. He was always smiling, kind, and always took her side no matter what. She felt  stupid for lying... but she didn't realize her lie would backfire like this. Tears rolled down Herin's cheeks as she witnessed Mark turn the corner and ran off to find Koeun.

Manager: "What are you doing, still standing there?! C'mon!!" he shouted to her from behind.
Herin: "Coming, manager-nim" she managed to respond, wiping away her tears and following after her manager to find Koeun on the other end of the road.

**

As Mark roamed the street, he realized it would be easier to spot Koeun since not too many people were out that night. Looking around and running around like a maniac, Mark didn't hesitate to call out Koeun's name just in case she would hear him.

As he stops at the corner of a stop light, he looks across the street and sees Koeun standing at the opposite side- waiting to cross.

Mark: "EUN-AHHHH" he called loudly as his voice echoed the edges of the neighborhood.

Koeun, who had just came back from the convenience store, looked surprised seeing Mark stand opposite of her.

Mark: "Koeun-ah!" he shouted again as cars passed by. "Stay there, I'll come to you!" he shouted.

With the loud traffic, Koeun found it difficult to hear him. She takes one more step forward, closer to the edge of the sidewalk to shout back at him.

Koeun: "What??? I can't hear you!!" she shouted.
Mark: "Stay there!!" he shouted to her.
Koeun: "What in the world is he saying? And why is he here at this time of the night??" she asked herself out loud.

Mark grew more and more impatient having to wait for the crosswalk light to come on. As he stood nervously, he made sure to keep an eye on Koeun who just might walk away.

Koeun waited patiently for the crosswalk light to come on as she stood on the edge of the sidewalk. Just as she took one last look at Mark, who looks like he's going crazy across the street, she hears a yelp coming from the alley way.

Turning around to see who it is, she realized an elderly lady had tripped over and her bag of groceries had fallen out of her hands. Running towards the elderly lady, she helps her up and asks if she's okay.