Chapter 1

Copyright© 2016 - 2017 All rights reserved.

Bill sat at his desk, god he was tired, this job was shit but he wanted to eat so he kept at it. Old, he felt so old he was surprised he made it in every day. After all what did he have left to look forward to? Go home to his cat; eat a cold dinner that was leftover from the night before. Just once he wished he had something different in his life at least a woman friend. Smiling yeah he thought that would be nice problem, but they all saw him as a creep or stalker.

Sighing he made his way to the elevator to head home, stopping a moment he had to go back and get his keys. Stepping back in the office there was a crashing sound; Bill looked back into the hallway seeing that half the hall had collapsed. Shaking his head he gathered his keys and made his way down the fire escape twenty floors. Christ he thought, he'd sleep good tonight.

Emerging on the street Bill saw the emergency equipment that was arriving. Smirking, Bill watched opened mouth as they all walked around him and kept going inside. What the hell was going on? Walking by the fire engine both front tires exploded then went flat, a moment after he passed. Shaking his head he just kept going, might as well head home. With no friends there wasn't all that much left to do.

Looking up Bill saw that it was clear out, smiling he decided the 10 blocks wouldn't be that bad after all. Halfway home Bill was suddenly pushed against the wall a gun in his face. "Ok asshole hand it over! All of it!

Bill nodded as he started to empty his pockets, he was just starting to hand the man everything when a car appeared out of nowhere. Bill tried to warn the man honestly he did though nothing seemed to come out of his mouth. The man was there one second and cut in half the next, Bill just stood there his mouth hanging open.

The car stopped, and a very attractive woman got out. She looked at the mess and what was left of the man. Shrugging she was about to get back in her car when she slowly turned and stared at Bill. OMG! Bill thought is she thinking of running me over also.

Walking over to him the woman gave him a serious look over and reached out to push his chest. Taking a step back from the light shove the woman's eyes opened wide as she waited tapping her foot. Then she looked up and stated, "Well?"

"Uh ... excuse me? Is everything alright?" Bill asked the woman now that he'd found his voice.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll deal with you in a moment. What do you mean you can't? He has a what?!!" Turning the woman began to re-examine Bill all over, though the biggest surprise was when she grabbed his crotch! The next thing he knew he was across the street against the wall of a building. The woman was also against a wall on the opposite side of the street.

Shaking her head she quickly got to her feet and drew a strange looking gun. Bill started to laugh it actually looked like those guns he'd seen in sci-fi pictures. An angry look on her face the woman pulled the trigger, that's when the strange, really strange part started to happen. Bill saw her pull it then the world stopped moving even the wind, what the fuck Bill thought. Shaking his head he simply walked away.

The woman blinked what the hell? She'd pulled the trigger, that son of a bitch was an enemy agent he therefore had to die. Blinking again, she stared at the empty space as the beam hit the wall and dissipated.

Bill kept going now to his small apartment he quickly escaped inside. His cat came running immediately looking up at him Bill could swear she had a concerned look on her face. 'Ok, today is getting stranger and stranger, ' Bill thought.

"Hey Twitty girl, daddy's home sorry I took a little longer than I thought I would. God what a weird ass day, you should have seen the kirabas at work." At his feet the cat's eyes were suddenly wide in surprise.