13

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TWO-BIT AND I were now in good terms. We went back to our normal routines and everything seemed normal as well.

At least for everyone else it was.

Ever since I had that little chat with Zachary, I started to become paranoid whenever he was around. As much as I wanted to report him to the police, I couldn't risk it, who knows what he has in store?

Johnny and I were walking around the halls to go home. Ponyboy had track practice, so it was just the two of us.

We passed by a group of Soc girls -- the same group that I entountered with not too long ago.

"Isn't that the Greaser that slapped you over the weekend?" One of then whispered rather loudly.

"Yeah, I can't believe her filthy hands touched me. I spent a good 30 minutes scrubbing my face clean in the bathroom once I came home." Susan snickered.

The clique giggled and I rolled my eyes. Johnny's jaw clenched.

"Maybe if you cleaned your mouth too, then you would've been squeaky clean." He spat.

The girls gasped and I covered my mouth in shock, trying not to let out a laugh.

"Mind 'yer own business, Grease." Was all Susan said before walking off, her friends following behind.

Once they were nowhere to be seen, the two of us laughed out loud.

"J-Johnny, that was hilarious! Did you see their faces?" I managed to say in between laughs.

He dug his hands in the pocket if his jean jacket. "I sure did, and boy, they were priceless."

I let out a sigh. "Even though that was funny, please be careful what you say. That brat will probably tell her Socy boyfriend about this and might pounce on us the next time they see us wandering around." I warned.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I just had to give 'em a piece of my mind, that's all."

"You're a good kid," I said, ruffling his hair.

"I'm older than you by a couple months, Nina." Johnny commented.

"Oh, shut up." I groaned and we continued walking home.