5. Forever

• इन्हें समर्पित: lemvnade

Me & You (c) 2014+

5. Forever

They sat on the outside patio, listening to the wind's hushs and the quiet hoots of the owls from the woods. He waited for her to say something while he watched her finger travel around the rim of the glass of water in her hand. She didn't say anything.

She couldn't.

What do you say to someone who doesn't remember?

What can you say?

So she waited for him to say something. When he realised the predicament, he cleared his throat and took a sip from the Coca Cola can.

"So - me and you - we were a, uh, thing?" He slowly stuttered into a whisper.

Ali wanted to scream until her throat felt drier than the Sahara desert, cry until there were no more tears - anything, everything, just so he could understand. They weren't a thing, they were more; are more.

He felt an undeniable pull when he stared into her pleading brown eyes. To him, it was the only explanation as to why he moved closer. Closer to her. Closer to his Ali.

"Tell me," Jared whispered with hooded eyes as he clasped his hand with hers.

Ali bit down on her lip, her mind contemplating the what ifs until she came to the conclusion that she had nothing to lose. Her heart was forgotten by her most treasured. To her, it was dying with each beat.

"Everything?" When Aliana recieved a nod of confirmation, her fingers moved with ease. She knew what to do. It was the only way he'd believe her.

One by one, the buttons on Jared's shirt became undone. As it slipped off his shoulders, landing on the floor with a quiet thud, he was left more confused than ever. But that was before her palm rested flat on his chest, on the spot where his heart beat rapidly. Jared felt heat seep into him from her cold touch.  He looked down in time to see her finger trace the black ink.

"We're forever..."

Me & Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें