She had shimmered into his realm and immediately traced him towards the woods.

She understood the consequences of being seen again so she put up all her strength in her veils. He most definitely will not see her now. She was sure of it.

Satisfied, she sat and relaxed on the large branch and continued looking at the lake. The human male stood waist deep in the water scrubbing his bare chest.
His muscles rippled with every movement and suddenly her face felt warm as she remembered how he pressed that very vessel of sinewy muscled flesh against hers.

The memory tightened her insides and a surge of heat plummeted to her core, hard and fast that she squeezed her thighs tightly together. Her nails dug deep in to the tree as her mind felt fuzzy and the impulse to go to him became stronger.

Considering it, made her heart race and at that moment she watched as he tilted his head back and he glanced up at the sky. Leaning into the corner of the tree just to get a closer look at him she paused as he suddenly froze where he stood.

For a heart stopping moment she watched as his nostrils flare, he tilted his nose up and slowly his eyes began to glow.

Mesmerized by those eyes she did not move as he slowly looked around.

Then he spoke.

"I know you're here," the rumble of his voice was decievingly calm.

She pressed further into the shadow of the tree.

"I can feel you," he said. "I can smell you," he clenched his jaw and closed his eyes.

She could hear the dangerous undertone in his words, it sent a sensation through her that her relaxed wings fluttered and her toes curled tightly even as the bark beneath her feet pricked into her soles.

As if in predator mode, he slowly stepped out of the water. Seeking her out.

Her heart raced in her chest. Not from fear but from anticipation. The strange sensation was drawing her out of hiding because she wanted to go to him. As much as she tried to hold back, she couldn't.

With each cautious step he took, the alluring pull on her increased until she shimmered further away into another tree. Then another. She could not be seen for as much as she wanted to. It was forbidden.

Left with the decision to leave for now, she slowly floated a good distance away; straining against the anguish in her chest to leave.

On a clearing ready for clear lift off, she stopped. Caught in the glorious wind of the night and the biting cool freshness gliding over her warm skin, she was distracted slightly by it and did not notice Michael's descent until the thud of his boots landed before her followed by two guardians.

Quickly her eyes shot open and she watched with devastating fear as he stood to his full height and stepped forward. She swallowed nervously at the enormity of his wings when they gracefully flexed and then retracted.

His intense gaze held her in place as her own wings out of fright could not expand to quickly fly away. It would be no use either way because he would catch her.

The brief silence of his presence was cut short the moment he spoke.

"Have you any idea the trouble you have caused, Hannah?" His ominous height and gleaming eyes pinned her to the spot.