Unconditionally

A/n: I'm approaching 100 chapters. So that means... A THIRD L X READER BOOK! Good grief... I've almost written 200 oneshots about L... fuck... I really love him don't I?

You were sitting on the floor in your pyjamas, exhausted from moving into your new apartment with your boyfriend. No furniture was built, but boxes were moved in, and some things were unpacked.

You had the radio on in the background as you sat in the empty room, a few boxes stacked against the wall. There was was so much space.

"Done"

You turned to see L had finished setting up a temporary bed in the middle of the room, but enough for the both of you. You crawled over and flopped face first into the mattress, making L laugh at your childish behaviour.

"I'm so glad we finally got ourselves a place to call home" you said.

"I know, it's crazy to think we've come this far..." L replied.

"We have so much room when there's no furniture"

You were suddenly pulled up to your feet by L, who smiled down at you.

"Huh? What's-"

You suddenly heard what song was playing. It was the song you both loved because of how you felt it reflected your relationship.

You smiled up at L and pulled on his hands, forcing him to start dancing.

Before you knew it, you were slow dancing with your heads on each other's shoulders.

It just have looked strange to anyone that might have been watching through the open window, two people slow dancing in their pyjamas, surrounded by boxes.

You swayed back and fourth gently as you enjoyed each others comfort, the sound of the music echoing in the empty room.

You tightened your grip on him, never wanting to let go, the music seemed to lull you into a sleepy state, but you didn't want the perfect moment to end. L slid his arms around you and pulled you into a tight embrace as you danced, obviously feeling the magic in the air because of the perfect moment.

The song explained your love perfectly.

You got so close to L, yo saw what was on the inside and what he was really like, but it didn't bother you, because no matter what you'd still love him... unconditionally...

You seemed to get sleepier and sleepier as the song drew to an end. Noticing this, L picked you up and carried you over to your makeshift bed, where he gently put you down and tucked you in. He closed the window and curtains before crawling in next to you and pulling you into his warm embrace.

"I'm glad we can finally start a life together" he said.

"Me too..." you replied.

"I love you-"

"-unconditionally"