Chapter 1 First Day

Chapter 1 The First Day

Today was the day, my first time going to WaterBury hospital to work with patients with cancer. Terrified, wasn't the word.

After my Grandad dying four years ago of Pancreatic Cancer, I was certain that I wanted to help with people who had Cancer. So for me to start today was incredible to actually follow my dreams.

Walking into WaterBury Hospital was pretty scary, because it must have been the biggest hospital I've been to. Like ever, and I've been to alot of them.

I walked up to the reception desk. Sat behind it was a lady who must have been in her early 50s. She had some grey hair coming through her amazing brunette hair. She had light green eyes. You could look into her eyes and be able to know her story in a instant.

"Hello dear, how can I help you?" She smiled at me kindly.

"Hi, erm... I'm Amy Wright. I'm a new volunteer." I said nervously. Her smile grew.

"You're the young lady who Dr. John keeps talking about. I'm Julie, would you like to follow me?" I noded to Juile. Juile stepped outside the desk and walked down a massive hall, I guess I follow?

I followed behind her, I looked down the halls that was going different directions. I was sure I was going to get lost.

"keep up darling, don't want you to get lost." I smiled knowing that I would end up lost.

After what felt like 5 minutes, we came up to an office, Juile turned to me.

"Dr. John is waiting for you. Knock then go in, Good luck Amy." Before she left she hugged me, I thanked her then she left me alone in the massive halls.

I hesitantly knocked on the office door. "Come in." I heard through the door. I twisted the door knob and walked in a little. There sat Dr. John, I first met him to see if I could volunteer. Dr. John must have been in his late 40s, he had strawberry blonde hair with light blue eyes.

He looked up at me and stood up. "Ah. Amy. Please sit." he pointed to the two chairs in front of his desk. I shook his hand and then sat down.

"Okay. so today, you'll be meeting some of the patients and getting to know them. Do you have any questions?" Dr. John asked. I shook my head.

"No." Dr. John smiled.

"Great. Should we get going?" I noded standing up.

I followed Dr. John out of the office and down more halls. How in the love of god am I going to know where to go?

"We'll be giving you a little map of the hospital, so that you know where you will need to go." He said smiling at me. Did he read my mind?

I noded. "Thanks. I would end up getting lost otherwise."

Dr. John laughed and said "Don't worry, I get lost sometimes and I've been working here for 10 years."

We walked into a massive room that had alot of patients. There was young children to the elderly. And that's when I saw a guy around my age looking out the window. He turned around and his gaze landed on me. I smiled at him, he was beautiful.

And the best thing was; he smiled back.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO