Part 38: Epilogue Part 2

Start from the beginning

I sit down looking at Stacey and smiled at her as she hugged me, "Hey, Uncle Demarcus. Look I got my ears pierced."

I smile, "Those are nice. When did that happen? I just saw you yesterday."

"This morning." She laughs, "Mommy, said I could get them. Finally."

"Yeah, I haven't seen Raya though." I whisper looking around.

"Raya!" She screams and Raya came running to me. I caught her and laughed as she hugged me tightly.

"Hey, beautiful." I whisper smiling.

"Hi, UD." She says giggling, "I got my ears pierced this morning."

I smiled and she looked at me as I spoke, "Did it hurt?"

"No, it was quick." She whispers.

"That better be the only piercing, Raya." I laugh and she giggled.

"We'll see." She giggled and ran to Briane smiling at her.

I lay back looking at Ana who was feeding Dollie. She watched her eat and giggled once she pulled away.

"This is why I wrap up." She whispers looking at me, "She always does this. Your such a nosey posey."

"Nosey posey?" I laugh at her.

"Yes. Hey, I'm going to stop feeding you if you don't hurry." She says smiling at her and lifting her boob.

Dollie began to eat again and kicked her foot. I smile at Dollie as she pulled away again and looked at me. I chuckle and Ana pulled down her bra.

"No!" I scream when Dollie began to cry hard, kicking her feet.

"Stop." Ana says putting her milk back in her face and laughing, "She's going to be a freaking brat."

"No I'm not." I say in a girl voice and she giggled looking at me.

I smiled and lifted Abby who approached rubbing her nose. She sat down and looked at Toya. I exhale as I lay my arm on Ana's leg and watched Briane walk in.

"Demarcus, your kid just told me she wanted a nose piercing." She laughs sitting next to Deandre.

"Which one?" I ask.

"Nadia." She answers.

I looked at Nadia then to Briane, "She's not my kid."

"Daddy!" Nadia screams.

I laugh, "I'm just playing. Your wierd."

"Its cute." She says and I laugh at her, "Daddy, when I'm sixteen?"

"We will see if your a bad fifteen year old." I reply and she smiled looking at Stacey who was cracking up.

I exhale and looked at Dollie who was fallen asleep. Ana smiled and looked at Toya who was smiling.

"So we are not only celebrating Noelle but Monique too. My baby died four years ago and thank the Lord she was able to leave beautiful kids for us." Toya explains and smiled, "Even though y'all lost a mother y'all also gained one."

She looked at Ana who smiled and looked down, taking the covers from off of her chest. I look at Dollie who was sleep and smiled at Ana.

"Does anyone have anything to say, about Monique?" She asks.

I look up as everyone sat quietly. Saya decided to be the first to speak, "I guess I'll go first." I smiled at her as she looked at me, "I remember the first time I actually met Monique. Boy, was I scared. But she was wobbling with her belly so round and even as we talked she seemed so happy. She let me rub her stomach to feel Danny and told me how her and Demarcus met. We talked for awhile honestly and even though she was an adult and married with three kids she looked at me as her best friend. Not as just this kid. I really miss her and I miss the hugs she gave me. But I grew to be okay with the death because I see so much of her in all of the kids and it's like she's still here."

She wiped her eyes and I laughed, "Good job, Saya."

"You okay?" Briane asked and she nodded smiling at her.

"Nadia?" Toya says.

Nadia looked up and laughed, "Um, okay. So like what I remember that was huge for me was seeing her sick. Like I still remember the day so perfectly when she had the seizure and dropped to the ground. Dad's voice got so deep and I could see the sickness in her eyes. I was really scared, because I saw him crying when I walked to the room." She looked at me and I exhale slowly getting sad, "She grabbed me and told me she was going away. I was confused at the time obviously I was four." Everyone laughed and she exhaled, "The day she died I felt it. I knew she was dead before you even called. I remember sitting on the floor holding the picture of us in my hands starring at it then crying so hard. Grandma ran in the room and I remember her lifting me up and holding me, the phone dropping from her hands."

I closed my eyes looking down when she looked to mom who seemed to be holding back the tears.

"I don't know why I remember that so clearly to this day but every single time I see a picture of my mom all I can feel is this warmth in my heart. Remembering every single time she told me she loved me." She wiped her eyes of the tears and I laughed as she stood up and hugged me.

I held her and smiled as I spoked, "Not to offend anyone but I feel like this day here should only mean to celebrate Noelle. It's making the room sad and my baby girl deserves her day. Maybe we should do the night before type thing or something."

"Okay." Toya whispers, "Are you okay?"

I nod and looked at her smiling. She exhaled slowly and smiled standing up. The room got loud and Nadia stood running to Stacey.

I smile as I sit up and kissed Ana. She smiled as she wrapped her arm around me  and kissed my head. I exhale and enjoyed my little girls birthday.

Once getting home I danced with Dolan and Abby. Ana came down sitting behind me laying her head on my back. I smiled and looked down grabbing her hand.

"You okay?" I ask and she exhaled kissing my back.

"Yeah, baby. Just a little tired." She answers and stood up slowly sitting on my left leg and looking down at me.

I exhaled and kissed her on the lips. Nadia smiled at Dolan and lifted him from my hands so I hugged Ana. She laid close to me and took Dollie from Dakota. She was crying loudly and I exhaled kissing her some more and smiling.

She lifted her shirt and gave her the milk. Dollie exhaled and I smiled as Ana held her close and looked at me.

She slowly whispered, "How do you feel? I can tell you were getting irritated."

I stared at Dollie and smiled, "It just keeps sticking in my head that I've lost someone so close to me. Like even if we weren't married we were still best friends. I mean I get sad on this day too. But it's Noelle's birthday and I don't like how she has to share a memorial every single year. It should be a happy day."

"Yeah." She answers looking away from me and smiling at Noelle, "Hey, come here. Come hug, Daddy."

I laughed as Ana stood and sat beside me. Noelle ran to me and smiled widely as I lifted her up. Abby came to me too and smiled looking at Dollie.

"Daddy, we tell people that we are twins." Noelle says smiling, "I just say I'm two months younger than Abby."

"What do they say?" I ask pushing back her curly hair.

"They laugh." She giggled and looked down at my shirt. I kiss her and smiled as she looked at me.

"Happy birthday, baby." I whisper smiling.

She smiled, "Thank you, daddy."

I look at Ana. My life pretty much sucked,  beginning on the day I found out Ana was having my baby at seventeen. But I'm glad, I like my life now. I love my wife and all seven of my kids. I am happy to say I'm a father and this is my hood.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.