Part 34: First Day In The Hospital

"Be safe." Mom whispers wiping away her tears and smiling at Monique, "I'll visit every single day."

"Good." Monique laughs and looked at Saya smiling, "You look cute."

Saya laughed, "Thank you." Saya exhaled and hugged Monique tightly both of their eyes squeezing shut.

"I'm gonna miss you, Saya." Monique says.

"Don't say that." She whispers and wiped beneath her eyes.

I smile as they talked some more. I was getting our bags ready making sure we had everything for the next few weeks. Me and Monique had a nice last night alone and we are very tired from the night. But now we are saying our goodbyes and will be going to the hospital to get prepped for the pregnancy to come.

Once getting to the hospital and settled in I cuddled with Monique. She smiled as she laid on my chest looking at the televsion flipping through channels.

I kiss her neck and laughed when my baby moved slowly inside of her. She fell asleep in my arms. After a couple of hours a nurse came in and Monique was still sleep. She walked closer and I smiled at her.

"Are you okay?" She asks grabbing Monique, "Monique?"

I sat up and Monique fell to the side. The nurse pressed the blue button and three different doctors and a bunch of nurses walked into the room.

"Heart rate low." A nurse screams out and I watch intently as they hooked her up to machines.

"Make sure the baby is getting oxygen."

"Demarcus, let's take a step outside." She whispers and I nod walking out, "Okay, I feel like you should just leave the room when the alarm goes off. Just to save you from the bad memories."

I exhaled, "My baby's in there."

"I know. It's honestly scary." She smiles, "But she's going to be fine."

"She's gonna die." I say angirly, "She can feel it. That's what scary."

"I know, Demarcus." She says and looked down before turning and the nurses began to leave the room.

"Demarcus." Dr. Oniel says, "She's fine. Just a little freaked out."

"Can I go in?" I ask.

"Yes." He smiled and I walked in smiling at Monique who was laying on the bed holding her stomach.

"Hey, baby." I whisper and bent over to kiss her on the lips.

"Hey." She whispers, "I can't feel my legs."

"Why?" I ask and she smiled.

"The medicine they gave me." She whispers and closed her eyes.

"Baby, stay awake for me."

"Their braking my water. I have to have her now, Demarcus." She whispers sadly and I exhale looking over when the door opened and Dr. Stohom came in.

"Okay. We will start you on steroids to make her grow faster then when we feel like she's ready we will brake your water." She explains and I exhale looking at Monique who could barely keep her eyes open. But she smiled.

"Okay." I answer and looked at Monique.

They did what they needed and Monique went to sleep. I just called mom watching her intently.

"Hello." She answers.

"Hey, don't come to the hospital. It's really bad. Don't bring them until I say it's okay to bring them." I whisper.

"How bad?" She asks.

"Her heart rate dropped fast and they had to help her breathe and she can't even keep her eyes open. It's just bad." I whisper looking down at the floor.

"Demarcus." Mom whispered, "I don't think you can handle her like that."

"I have too." I laugh looking up, "She needs me and I need her."

"Demarcus, I can hear your voice change. I can hear the darkness. Baby, your hurting really bad and it's only been a day. Your going to scare Nadia maybe even Dakota." 

"Mom." I whisper.

"Demarcus, your scaring me." She whispers and exhaled looking at me. I shook my head and closed my eyes.

"I just don't know what to do anymore." I whisper closing my eyes, "Its weird."

She laughs, "Your a strong boy. You got through high school, a half divorce then another one, two babies on the way, a baby almost dying, a blind baby, a deaf baby, and your going to get through this. Okay?"

"Okay." I whisper, "Its just going to hurt for whatever happens."

"It is, but what's life without pain?" She asks and I smile looking at Monique and watching her sleep.

She's right. I just can't help but be scared of the next few weeks of my life.

*Chapter has been RE-READ & EDITED*
~Sorry for any mistakes I'm not good with grammar and spelling and I am the only editor of my books so bare with me.