·⁚❀one

Hyungwon strongly disliked school.

He disliked the majority of people there, for the sole reason that they were fake, annoying, and made horrible life decisions.

He disliked the classes because the excessive amount of work and stress they caused were unnecessary.

He disliked the teachers because they were all either strict, rude, or painfully boring.

And he disliked the school schedule — waking up early, suffering seven hours of hell with few breaks, then going home to study and complete homework.

The only thing that prevented the tall student from burning his school to ashes was Lee Minhyuk, his best friend. The older was a total flower boy loved by everyone. His bright and bubbly personality was clearly portrayed by his currently dyed white hair — a stark contrast to Hyungwon's dark hair, the natural color of which he had kept since he met Minhyuk and they had become the best of friends.

Hyungwon felt lucky that they stayed in the same school because then he wouldn't have to suffer the long torturous hours alone. Not only that, Minhyuk had introduced the more secluded Hyungwon to others until they had their own little circle of friends. But his best friend being the best part about school had changed when a new student transferred to their school in the middle of senior year.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tapping his foot on the floor impatiently, Hyungwon was waiting for the next period where he was in the same class as Minhyuk. He had already stashed away his notebook after many failed attempts at taking notes, and he'd frequently dart his eyes to the clock ticking above the classroom door. Until, motion in the doorway caused him to look at a well-built, attractive guy with bleached blonde hair walk in. 

Hyungwon's eyes widened at the sight of this newcomer. He wasn't the most observant, but he knew everyone at his school and this guy he had definitely never laid eyes on before. 

Without being consciously aware, a blush had crept on his face when the new guy looked right at him. The guy smirked.

"Ah, you're the new transfer student?" the teacher paused her lecture to ask. "Introduce yourself."

"Sorry I'm late," he apologized. "Shin Hoseok, I transferred here from another school." He lazily lifted his hand to wave at the class.

A group of girls who looked the same — Hyungwon wasn't kidding when he thought this, practically all the 'popular girls' at his school all dressed and acted so generic, lacking in unique, individual character —immediately began swooning over Hoseok. They were pathetically fluttering their false lashes and begging him in their annoyingly high-pitched voices to sit by them.

However, when told to find a seat, as there were plenty empty seats in the large room, Hoseok strode confidently over to the back where Hyungwon was instead.

The taller was shocked when Hoseok plopped himself down next to him but ignored the good-looking transfer student.

He leaned his head on his arm on the desk as he gazed tiredly at the teacher continuing her droning.

After glancing at the clock to see there was still half an hour left, he grunted when Hoseok suddenly kicked his shin. Hyungwon raised his eyebrows, but the other just whispered while grinning, "I'm new here - obviously - but I was wondering if maybe you could show me around later?"

"You sure you don't want one of those hoes showing you around instead?" Hyungwon asked back, quickly biting his lip after. He was always sassy and sarcastic, but never so forward with people he just met. His reaction was very unlike his normally introverted, shy self.