xiii

"shit.." seyoon mutters under his breath, bringing his black, still cold to the touch phone down from his ear and down into his lap.

mrs. kim lightly knocks her knuckles against byeongkwan's bedroom door, where seyoon currently hid himself away this morning since byeongkwan left for school today. "seyoon, are you alright?"

seyoon places his phone on the bed and turns to face the door, loudly replying with: "yes, it's just something happened."

mrs. kim pushes the white painted door open and steps into the room. "what is it?"

seyoon feels a lump of guilt form in his throat after mrs. kim asks about what was wrong. it was going to kill him to have to, but it was necessary, he knew.

seyoon swallows harshly, feeling the lump disappear in his throat. he looks up to mrs. kim, and their eyes meet. soft wrinkles lay around her brown eyes, giving seyoon a reassuring look at whatever was happening would be okay for him to tell her.

"i have to go back to jeolla-do today."

mrs. kim's soft smile fades and turns to a disappointed frown. "is it your eomma or your girlfri-"

"my eomma," seyoon cuts mrs. kim's words. "she's just not doing very well without me there."

mrs. kim nods understandingly. "what is happening to her anyway?"

seyoon shrugs. "she just- i'm not sure. it happened suddenly, and next thing i realised, she was just hospitalised." he says softly, a look of confusion on his face.

he recalls being rushed to the hospital almost four days before he drove to seoul. he thought she would be fine with eunji helping her and the hospital's assistance, but she's obviously not doing well. neither is eunji, she's staying up late and trying to please seyoon's eomma to her needs, but all she wants is to see her son.

"she's been having a couple of issues in the lung area too," seyoon says. "eunji called me and said it would be best if i came back now instead of dragging it to the last minute."

mrs. kim nods, folding her hands together. "i understand, but how will byeongkwan take it?"

seyoon looks away from mrs. kim, the lump in his throat forming again. he bites his lip to try and hold back his tears.

"i don't know," seyoon's voice cracks, a single tear falling from his eye. more come streaming down as he starts to hiccup. mrs. kim kneels on the bed and rubs circles on the poor sixteen-year old's back to comfort him.

"i think he will understand why you have to leave seyoon, there's no need to cry-"

"but i promised i would stay four days." seyoon starts, his voice still cracking emotionally. "he will be so upset, he was so happy to see me on his birthday-"

"byeongkwan will understand, sweetheart," mrs. kim says. "he lost his appa, he will understand you don't want to lose your eomma."

seyoon's tears stop as he looks up to mrs. kim, his eyes still threatening to spill more tears down his cheeks and down onto his neck until they were soaked up by his shirt. mrs. kim nods at him, and he nods back slowly.

mrs. kim takes seyoon into her arms, and seyoon wraps his arms around her lightly. the warm embrace made seyoon feel loved, the kind of bearhug a family would give after a child comes home after being away for a while.

when the two unlatch from each other, mrs. kim pipes up. "let's go eat breakfast before it gets cold."

seyoon nods, and uses the back of his hand to wipe his cheeks dry. his eyes became a little puffy and were a tint of pink. he didn't care, he still was imagining how byeongkwan might take it when he has to leave today.

he thought byeongkwan might cry, seeing that seyoon suddenly disappeared.

seyoon frowns at the thought.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

'ello 'ello

update because i'm bored

yw

-jin

[unedited]