two

T W O 

- A b b y   J o n e s - 

"Are you insane!?" My mother yelled after she heard about Niall's plan. "You can't just move in with him! You're too young for that kind of commitment!"

"Mother," I groaned. I knew she would react this way, I was just hoping I woulnd't have to deal with it. "We're not getting married."

"Still, moving in with someone?" She placed her hands on her hips.

"Oh God, we're not kids!" I shook my head.

Her features softened and she dropped her hands down from her hips. She walked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder before speaking. "You're right, honey. You're growing up, and there's nothing I can do about it."

Oh no, she looked like she was about to cry. I just hoped that she wouldn't use the 'I remember when you were little' speech...

"I remember when you were little," She continued. Here we go. "You used to be so simple. That little girl with the pigtails; always smiling and laughing. You know, you'd cuddle with me all the time. I miss having to take care of you."

"Oh, mom," I hugged her. She was getting emotional over me growing up again and I needed to be there to comfort her. "Please, don't cry."

"I'm sorry Abby," She wiped her eyes before sighing. "I just can't believe how grown up you are. You're heading off to college and moving out. Where did the time go?" She chuckled nervously. "I'm going to miss my little girl."

"I'll always be your little girl mom," I looked up at her. "Just not so little anymore."

We both chuckled. "Promise me you'll visit whenever you can?" She whispered.

I pulled away with a huge grin on my face. "Is that a yes?"

"Honey, you're almost an adult, if you're going to be getting your own place, then you need to make independent decisions."

I stared at her, trying to process what she just said. "So... that's a yes?"

"Of course."

I restrained myself from screaming like a little school girl. I couldn't believe that I convinced the woman who wouldn't normally let me do anything to move in with Niall, who happens to be a boy, which is another thing she was always concerned about. When Niall and I started hanging out, she didn't like the fact that my best friend was a boy. Ever since dad left, she decided that she hated the entire male population. But, Niall was an exception. Once she got to know him, she let me hang out with him more. Now, she loves Niall as if he was one of her own.

"Thanks mom," I kissed her cheek. "I love you."

I went upstairs into my room and called Niall. We said that we'd go home, tell our parents and call each other to talk further about the whole roommate thing.

"Hello?" He answered on the third ring.

"My mom said yes!"

"She did? Oh, I'm so glad." By the tone of his voice, I knew he was grinning.

"Yeah, what did your parents say?"

He laughed. "They agreed. But not before giving me this whole lecture about sex before marriage. I had to explain how our relationship works. They're crazy people."

I blushed. His parents thought we were dating? Oh God, I didn't think I'd be able to look either one of them in the eye without going beat red ever again.

"Ah-mazing." Was my only response since I was to embarrassed to say anything else.

"Oh don't be embarrassed," He laughed. "They still love you to death."

"Oh thank God." I sighed in relief. "So, we're really doing this?"

"Definitely."

"You're still insane, Niall." I remarked.

"Hey, you agreed to this, so that makes you crazy too."

"I guess so."

"Well, I'll speak to ya tomorrow, Abs."

"Okay."

"Sleep tight, bye."

"Bye Niall."

I hung up and dropped down onto my bed.

I started imaging what my life with Niall would turn out like. I wondered if I'd always have to clean up his messes and if he'd make me cook for him. Maybe that was his whole plan - he wanted me to move in with him so I'd do all his dirty work for him.

That bastard.

I laughed and shook the thought out of my mind. If anything, I'd be the one to boss him around. There's nothing he wouldn't do for me. We weren't even dating and I've already got him whiped.

I got off my bed and grabbed a suitcase that was underneath it. I opened my closet and started skimming through my closet. With graduation in only one week, we needed to start packing and actually looking for an apartment. I figured we'd find a place over the summer, so we could settle down and get used to living with each other before college.

This was going to be fun.

►►►

hello, i updated.

goodbye.