eighteen

E I G H T E E N

- A b b y J o n e s -

"Niall!"

"Abby!" He yelled back mockingly before he walked into the room and plopped down on the couch next to me, holding a beer in his left hand.

And there you have it. This was how he was "taking care of me" until my ankle healed. By becoming an alcoholic. Very nice, Niall.

I groaned as I repositioned myself on the couch so I could lay on my side, with my legs in Niall's lap. He placed his right arm over my legs as he took a swig of his beer. Then, he started sliding his fingers up and down my leg, tickling it, which he very much knew I liked.

We would've made such a cute couple.

"What's for dinner?" I asked him, feeling incredibly hungry. Due to the fact that I couldn't stand without my crutches, the only thing we've been eating for the past week was takeout, since I was the one who could actually cook.

"Beer." Niall deadpanned without even looking at me. He switched the TV on and made a face when he saw that a random chick flick was playing.

"Niall," I spoke sternly. "I'm not having beer for dinner. Are you insane?"

"That, I am." He pinched my leg before shooting me a smirk.

"Can you cook?"

He snorted. "No way in hell."

"Come on, Niall! Please!"

"I can't cook!" He protested. "I've tried making waffles once, almost set me house on fire."

I rolled my eyes. "You're such a liar. I've seen you cook before."

"Why don't you get up and cook?" He teased.

I was tired of his teasing and my undeniable need for food motivated me to push myself up into a sitting position.

"What are you doing?" Niall spoke up as he placed his beer onto the coffee table.

I ignored him as I pushed myself up off the couch without even grabbing my crutches. I was ready to walk without them.

Or so I thought.

I took one step when a pain shot through my injured ankle and a painful whimper involuntarily escaped my lips. Okay, maybe I wasn't ready to walk without my crutches just yet.

"Abby!" Niall quickly rushed to my side as I grabbed onto the couch and lowered myself onto my knees, tears streaming down my face. "Are you dumb?"

"Apparently so." I mumbled as he helped me back onto the couch.

He sighed. "Fine. I'll try making you some food." He ran a hand through his hair and got up and left for the kitchen.

I smiled deviously because my plan had worked. "Oh, and don't forget the coffee! You know I can't live without my coffee!" I yelled, hoping he would hear.

I knew he heard me once I heard an annoyed groan coming from the kitchen.

--

Two hours and three burnt grilled cheese sandwiches later, we were back in the same position we were in just a while ago - me spread out on the couch with my legs in his lap whilst he held a beer in his left hand and tickled my legs with his right one.