How to Gain Inspiration

We've all had those times where we can't think of anything to write about. During those times, it can be hard to conjure an idea, and that's what makes the situation all the more frustrating.

As writers, we all eventually get hit by a nasty case of writer's block. Sometimes we don't know what to do about it, or we just get completely annoyed. Writer's block is the worst and can be awful. If you've had it before, I'm sure you know just how irritating it can be.

I am writing this guide to give writers here advice on how to gain inspiration for their stories. Hopefully my advice will help you out a bit.

 Hopefully my advice will help you out a bit

Now, we all know what inspiration is. It is a mental process of being motivated to do something. It is something that encourages us to do a task or activity. Inspiration is a wonderful thing, and it is what sparks ideas in many hobbies.

One way to gain inspiration is taking moments from your own life to write about. Another way is to gain inspiration from your environment or from people you know. You could even gain some ideas from a book, a movie, or a situation. As long as you don't commit plagiarism, you are perfectly fine. Brainstorming is also a great idea. Even asking for ideas or advice from other people is an option as well.

     If you are still struggling, you could write down the ideas that periodically pop into your head. Even writing down dreams and using them as an inspiration is another thing you can do. I would recommend recording your dreams in a journal, and to keep the journal in a place where you'll remember where it is. Writing ideas down is also a great way to remember them. You can always look at your notes again if you need to, or if you forget your ideas, which is very convenient.

 You can always look at your notes again if you need to, or if you forget your ideas, which is very convenient

Looking back on events in history could also be an option. I don't know if people actually do that, but you could gain inspiration from that kind of source, too. I suppose it depends what kind of story you are writing. Nevertheless, it is worth a try in doing so. Who knows? It could actually help you out quite a bit.

You could even gain some inspiration from the plots or stories of video games. As I mentioned before, as long as you don't commit plagiarism, you will be okay. I have found myself to be inspired by some video games, shows, and even books from time to time. Songs are another thing that can inspire you to write. The inspiration could be triggered by the lyrics, the title, how the song sounds, or even by the meaning of the song. A very similar thing occurs with a book. You could be inspired by the title, content, a certain character, a situation in the story, various dialogue, and etcetera.

Paintings could also be another source of inspiration. What they resemble can be quite inspiring, along with their meanings and color schemes.

I hope that this guide has been useful for you. I am afraid that this guide is unfortunately finished, since it was only supposed to talk about inspiration. Please don't be disappointed. Perhaps I'll either make another guide or add more chapters to this guide. Thank you for reading the guide I made. I hope that you have a wonderful day.