Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The 7 of us are looking at each other and we just stand our ground. The peacekeepers charge at us and we charge at them. One of the peacekeepers throws a knife at me and it hits my knee. I fall down in pain but I take the knife and throw it at his neck. It hits him right in the neck and he dies instantly. But the peacekeepers are all over us and we are no match.

One peacekeeper puts a gun to my head and I expect to die. He pulls the trigger but I’m still alive. I look around and every peacekeeper is dead. My 6 friends are standing there with somebody I don’t recognize.

“Hey, Katniss this is Rae”, Kelly says. Rae introduces herself to me. Rae and Janey help me walk to her house. I lay down on the couch while Bobby and Rae, who used to be a nurse, worked on my injured knee. I am writhing in pain as Grayson calls in the district doctor. The doctor comes in and is checking my knee. When he moves it to the left, I pass out from the pain.

I wake up and I’m lying on Rae’s bed. “How you doing sweetheart”, Haymitch says. I yell,” Haymitch!!!” I look over and see that Haymitch and Effie are sitting beside me. “Well, the doctor told us that you have a partially torn ligament in your knee”, Effie says. “Why can’t I move them, I’ve been able to walk on it before.” “Just listen to us okay?” “Okay I will”, I say with a sad tone.

Janey, Rae, Austin, Kelly, and Bobby come in to the room and they look happy to see me awake.  I look confused and I say,” Hey, Where are Jordan and Grayson?” “There out getting breakfast for us”, Bobby says. So, I stand up and I try to balance myself. It works so I’m told I can walk around. It’s easy for me to walk around but it hurts every time I take big steps. Grayson and Jordan walk through the door with breakfast. We all sit down and eat. I look over at the clock and I realize that the train leaves in 10 minutes.

 “Hey we better get going, the train leaves in less than 10 minutes. The ten of us walk to the train and Effie and Janey help me get on the train. I lay on the sleeping mat that was specially made for me by Grayson. I look over at Jordan and Janey who are talking about the first two wars in the history of Panem. I am about to fall asleep until Effie shakes me repeatedly. I look at her with an angry expression and say,” What are you doing? I am trying to go to sleep!” “I know that Katniss but I have something important to tell you but I needed your full attention.” “What do you need to tell me?”

“Katniss, this isn’t easy to tell you this but………, she gets cut off by Haymitch. “ You weren’t going to wait for me to hear the news.” I’m laying there wondering what the big news is. Before they can get a word out Janey, Jordan, Kelly, Bobby, Grayson, Rae, and Austin come into the room.

“Can I please know what is going on”, I yell. “Calm down Kat”, Grayson says. I shut up and then the phone rings. I pick it up and I hear Coin laughing. “What do you want Coin”, I say.

“Just wanted to tell you that your time is running out.” The line then goes dead. I am about to go crazy but I calm down. Effie looks at me and says,” Katniss you are pregnant.”

Embersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें