14 :: White Chocolate & Milky Way Bars

"Are you Jo?" Cal asked a brunette girl dressed in a yellow croptop and ripped boyfriend jeans

"Sure am. Have a seat in my office, Cal." She said.

Cal sat awkwardly as Jo stared at him, her eyes flickering over every feature of his face before trailing down his body.

Cal, in his opinion, was an average guy. Not skinny, but not buff, typical brown hair, brown eyes, dark brown glasses and a six foot one inch frame. Nothing was special about him.

"You're not ugly." Jo said.

Cal snorted. "Gee, thanks."

"You're actually pretty hot. Like in a closet nerd kind of way."

"Uh, thanks?"

Jo sighed. "If you're not getting it, you're phone girl's type."

Cal started to laugh. "You have got to be kidding me. You're joking, right?"

"I'm not. I'm being 100 percent serious right now." She smiled in thanks at the employee who delivered two chocolate chip cookies and two lemonades to the table. "I didn't know what you like, so I got you what I got."

"Let me pay you back." Cal said, digging in his pocket for his wallet.

Jo rolled her eyes, but couldn't stop the small smile that grew on her face. He's perfect for Lila, she thought.

"No, its fine. Keep your money for when you take phone girl on a date."

A harsh blush grew up Cal's neck and to his cheeks. "That's not gonna happen. Even if I ask her, I know she'll say no."

Jo took a sip of her drink and picked a chocolate chip out of the cookie, tossing it into her mouth. "As of right now, she'll say no."

"Thanks for the reassurance."

"I'm not finished." Jo held up a finger. "She'll say no because she's all about knowing as much as possible before going on the first date, which I don't really get, but that's her thing."

"So, what do I do?"

"Get to know her and get her to know you better. That's all I'm saying. This is all you."

Cal nodded slowly, plans formulating in his mind. "Do you think she'll say yes after a while of getting to know each other?"

"I do. I do, a lot. You have no idea how much she talks about you, Cal."

"She talks about me?!" Cal spluttered.

Jo smirked. "She sure does. But that's all I'm saying on the matter."

"Thanks, Jo, I really needed this talk."

"No problem, Cal. Oh, and Cal?"

"Yeah?"

"Her favorite candy is Milky Way bars and white chocolate."

"Duly noted."