Chapter 4 - Everyone's Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

"R-Rebecca, what are you doing here?" Luke asked. Was that panic in his voice?

"I thought I would visit you." She said in a matter of fact tone as she shrugs her shoulders as though it was not much of a deal. She had a seductive smirk that tells otherwise and the ways her eyes twinkle with a bit of lust that was hard to miss.

Luke looked flustered at the scene in front of him and started stealing nervous side glances at me.

The woman finally an acknowledged my presence after noticing Luke's glancing at my way. Let's just say that seeing a woman inside of a man's house doesn't give one much to think with because the woman mood instantly changes from seductive to downright hatred.

"Who is she?" She asked as she leans her weight on one foot, looking at me with disgust. Ouch.

"She's.."

"I'm Stella." I cut in. Trying to make my voice sound as kind as possible although her looks and attitude were starting to irk me. Not to give the woman any further assumptions, I explain the reason I was here was to visit Luke as a friend. That was the only excuse I could think of without making this situation anymore misunderstood. I had no idea what kind of relationship Luke and this woman had. I remembered Luke telling me, not too long ago how he had not found his "significant other" and it seems that he was not planning to do so anytime sooner so who is she?

Anyway, this awkward tension between the three of us was getting more unbearable every second it passes so I've decided to make my leave. It felt as though I was the one intruding and I could see how the woman in front of me was clearly not happy with my existence. It felt right at the moment to probably give this two to some time alone.

"I'm very sorry for my intrusion. I guess I'll just get going now." I said, cutting off the tension between us as I picked up my duffle bag that was conveniently as the side of the entrance, on the floor, where I left it yesterday. I gave that woman a forced smile before leaving in which she didn't return back but instead, let out an audible scoff, shifting her eyes away from me as she took a step back away from the door, barely giving me enough space to make an exit.

I looked behind me to see Luke surprised at my departure and was probably about to ask me why am I leaving when our previous conversation was not yet finished. His mouth was hung open, wanting to speak when he was interrupted by Rebecca's unexpected action of walking into the house, crossing the threshold to loop her arm around Luke's in order to drag Luke further in the house, to the living room and slamming the front door shut, shutting me out with her foot while doing so.

I adjusted the duffle bag on the shoulder and letting out a small sigh.

[_**_]

Walking down the streets again... practically homeless. The streets are oddly busy in the morning with people walking around, getting to work. I was deep in my thoughts...thinking about...Nathan. I know it hurts but I just can't seem to stop my mind from doing so. I still kept asking myself questions like, "Am I not good enough?" I was too trained in my thoughts that I almost missed a familiar car that was driving past me. It didn't take me long to recognize it by the black exterior of the car that I have grown to know. Nathan's. I froze in my steps. No no no. Just please drive past. I begged in my mind. I can't face him. Not right now.

But instead of agreeing to me, the car suddenly stopped a few feet away from me. The sound of the car screeching to a stop could be heard clearly. I could see Nathan, dressing in a suit coming out of the car, hectic. His buttoned-up white shirt that was below his jacket was tucked messily under his well-tailored pants. His tie was hanged loosely around his collar as though he had been fiddling with the tie over and over again.