Chapter 4 - Everyone's Broken Heart

A/N: This is the edited version of Chapter 4. For those who have been reading the previous, early release of this chapter, I would recommend you to re-read this chapter as I have removed, added in and changed some dialogues and so on to fit the story better. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Luke's face soon turned to some sort of realization and a flash of hurt as he said, "Stel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to...I just..I hate what that son of a b*tch did to you, ok?" Luke explained, looking at me for forgiveness as he drives his hand through his already messy hair, frustrated.

"Enough, Luke." I said. I was so emotionally drained that I didn't have the energy to bicker with Luke anymore.

"I'll just pack my stuff and leave. I'm sorry to bother you but thank you for everything." I said as I started to leave the kitchen.

I had this habit of just simply wanting to leave whenever I faced a difficulty and this was no exception. My words can't describe to you just how tired I was, emotionally. I'm sick of all this. I'm sick of the things that are slowly chipping away any joy I have left in me. All I want now is to leave and be left alone. To be able to just crawl into a bed and cry my heart out. I just... can't stay in this place, with Luke any longer. The argument we had just now was just an eye-opener to me. To make me realize how Luke and I have actually drifted apart. Because of me, we may never go back to the way we use to be. Luke would never raise his voice at me like that but who could I blame? I left him due to my selfishness of wanting to seek love. I left him, knowing that he would affect my relationship with Nathan. I could feel the guilt eating me up every day as I thought back to the times I ignored him.

I couldn't be any more grateful to have Luke providing me a shelter and a place for me to sleep after what happened yesterday. He was there for me even after all these times. It is ironic how I left him, and now, karma struck me back but still, he appeared. Still willing to be with me through my darkest times. But now, my emotions are all heightened, my emotions are in a mess and I just to leave. I need a place quiet. A place where I could think. A place to calm myself down.

"Stell-Wait!" I felt a hand gripping tightly yet gently on my arm. Luke was tugging my arm, signaling me to turn around.

"Where are you going?" He asked puzzled and worried as I turned to look at him.

Before I could utter another word, wanting to explain to him my messed up emotions, we were interrupted by the sound of someone knocking on the door. We both looked at each other, puzzled a moment. It was clear that Luke was not expecting any visitors, especially now, this early in the morning by the look on his face.

We stayed in our position for a few more seconds before the sound was heard again. Luke reluctantly let go of my arm and let out a small annoyed grunt, not liking someone to have disturbed our conversation as he was clearly waiting for my explanation. He walked towards the door and impatiently opened it, without even bothering to look through the peephole before doing so. The moment he swings the door opened, he just stood there dumbstruck with his hands still on the doorknob and eyes wide opened. I could see how his body tense slightly. I walked towards him, curious as to who is at the door, only to find a beautiful woman that is around the height of Luke, probably a tad shorter, but still tall. Luke is pretty much a giant to me so just imagine that. But her giant stature just enhances her body curves and well-toned, long slim legs that any girls would die to have. She had beautiful long curly black hair that is placed on her shoulder to expose her long neck and a ruby-colored dress that just matches perfectly with her red lipstick and nails. She carried a confident smile as she spoke. " Hey." She said, her eyes only focusing on Luke. Her eyes wandered up and down Luke, seemingly checking him out as she waited for him to reply her.