Chapter 1

Chapter One - Natalie's Pov

School was only a ten minute drive, I am not sure how it took me twenty to get here.

Not a second later after I shut off the engine, my phone started blasting. By the time I had dug it out of my purse, it was about to go to voicemail. "Hey, Mom." She sighed, flipping back onto the dark leather. "Hey! You're still not on the road are you?" My mom chirped. "No, I just got to school."

"Why'd you take your brothers car?"

I sighed, "I didn't have a ride, and Jordan's car was the only one in the driveway, so I took it."

The phone went silent, and I was sure she hung up on me until she finally replied. "Well, he's incredibly mad... He's getting a ride over to the school to take his car to work, I'll give you ride home."

"Whatever... I haven't even gotten out of the car yet. I will call you later, okay?" We said our goodbyes and I ended the call, getting inside and straight to my locker.

I get to my locker and collect my stuff for my next period. After P.E I have calculus then spanish.

I locked my locker, as always, and push past tons of people to get out of the crowded hallway. I open up my spanish once it's pretty clear and start to read-walk so, I can study for the test.

Spanish is definitely not my strongpoint.

And before I know it someone crashes into me and both of our books and papers fly all over the place, landing with a loud crash.

I kneel down and start to collect my things. Not caring to whoever I just rammed into because if I were to apologize they wouldn't know my name. They'd just be like 'whatever, you hit me, blah blah blah.' People aren't nice.

Once I lean forward to grab my pencil pouch, I end up knocking heads with whoever it is. I rub my forehead, sitting up to take a break from the mess. I look at person to try and identify who it is, but their head is facing the floor, focused on the billions of papers surrounding us that are getting stepped on by the not caring students.

Obviously whoever this is, is not very organized.

The person lifts their head up and I immediately feel embarrassed.

The person who crashed into me, however, was not a mousy nerd girl, pretentious emo-rocker or stuck up plastic Barbie doll type I had prepared for. It was Lachlan Power, wearing Nikes, wine colored jeans and a black t-shirt he probably had to peel off at night. I did appreciate what it did for his shoulders. He gave me a once over before his lips curled into a smile.

"Hi. Uhm... Who are you?" He asked. I faltered, before regaining my composition. "I'm Natali."

He doesn't bother saying anything else. He keeps smiling, hands me my books, and walks away. Leaving me in question.

I look up at the clock that barely works half the time.

3 minutes until the bell rings.

I quickly change out of my outfit that took me two-hours to put me together in exchange for un-flattering gym clothes.

Not even two minutes after the bell rings we are already running. That's basically all we do. Run, run, and more running.

Around halfway through the third lap my stomach stars to grumble. I regret not eating breakfast.

I stop and hold my stomach trying to think of a way I can stop myself from throwing up.

"Keep going James!" My gym teacher Mrs. Gabel yells.