Chapter 4: The audacity

Começar do início

*****

Lila walked in her first period class with her dance duffle-bag. Filled with her breakfast and a cup of Orange juice in her hand.

"You are really late. I've already marked you absent." Said Mr. Perkins

"I'm only 25 minutes late and the limit is 30 minutes, which means you can't mark me absent." Lila said innocently

Grumbling under his breath he continued to type away in his computer.

Walking over to the table with her best friends she set her backpack on the floor.

"Where were you??" Calla hissed

"I'm gonna kill him."

"We were worried Lila, we thought you-"

"I'm gonna kill him."

--I haven't even sat down and Calla is already throwing questions at me.--

"Im fine and who is she going to kill? Whose body are we going after?"

"Jason's." They said simultaneously

"..I-"

"Save it Lila, We know."

"How?" Lila asked

"We have our sources."

"Nathan." They said simultaneously.

"I-i didn't think he'd even remember. Ugh why is he telling you guys?"

"Well, He did."

"Care to enlighten us on what happened." Calla said

"I smell food." Bee said

Lila grinned. "Before you guys lecture me I bought you guys breakfast. "

Grabbing her duffle-bag, Lila gave each of them their breakfast burritos and hash browns.

They looked at her in awe.

Bee sniffles." You got me-"

"Us" Calla interjected

"You got us food."

"Yeah I was already late so I thought that I might as well take my time and get breakfast, so I got some for all of us."

"Maybe we should spare her the lecture." Calla whispered towards Bee

"No, we have to tell her."

"Fine." Calla said

"I'm right here you know." Lila said while biting into her breakfast burrito.

"We know." Calla said

"Now enlighten us on what happened." Bee said with her mouth full of food.

So she did, from when she went to Jase's locker to the very last detail.

"Is somebody eating in my classroom?" Mr. Perkins asked skeptically.

The three girls hid their food under our table and pretended to be interested in our work.

*******lunch********

"I just can't believe that asshat had the audacity to fucking yell at you!"

"Let it go bee, he was probably just cranky." Lila said in defense. While setting down her lunch tray.

"Oh for fucks sake Lila! He's done this before. He's yelled at you. He's called you horrible names before. The only difference is that he did it in public this time. He's done worse so why are you still defending him?!" Calla's voice was very firm and serious.