Chapter 19

(edited)

Rebecca's POV

To say I have changed a lot is an understatement because you can now see me as a girl who is smiling more than usual and interacting with people. Ariel was that one friend that was my rock, my lifeline. She stood by me through thick and thin. I've noticed that Brad (Ethan's bother from another mother) and Ariel have something between them which is kind of cute as I can see the love and admiration they have towards each other. Brad treats me like his real sister,  wanting to protect me from every bad thing that comes in my way. And then, I have Ethan,  the one person that never leaves my side and the one person I trust. He has changed me a lot in the last four months we dated and made me a person I never thought I would be. 

These people are just like my family and I couldn't have asked for more. 

"Becca, are you even listening to me?" 

Ariel was shaking my shoulders, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Oops! Sorry,  I zoned out."

"No shit, Sherlock!"

"Okay. I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"Urrgh okay. Listen carefully and don't  zone out...we have our graduation ceremony coming up so we need to go shopping for that."

Shit, I literally forgot about the fact we are gonna graduate. It's always been my dream to be the valedictorian. They have not yet announced the person's name so I have some hope left.

************

We left for school.  On the way to my class, I met Ethan. He pulled me in for a kiss but we were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. When I looked up, I saw our principal standing there with no expression on his face. I was busted for good now. 

"Miss Bloomwood, I would like to have a word with you in my room."

I was so scared cause we were caught red handed. I looked at Ethan for some help but he just stood there with a smile on his face. What the hell!  

I reached the principal's office.  "Miss Bloomwood, do you know why I called you here?" 

"N-no, sir."

"Well, I called you here cause we have decided that you will be the valedictorian for this year." He said with a smile on his face but it was nothing compared to the emotions on my face. I was so happy that I hugged him, then realised what I had done.  

"I'm sorry sir... I didn't.. mean to... I'm sorry..."

"It's fine Miss Bloomwood,  you deserve this happiness."

"Thank you sir. Thank you so much. I won't let you down!"

I took my leave. When I exited the room, I saw Ethan standing out with the same smile on his face. That means he knew why I was being called that's why he didn't say anything. 

"So you knew why he was calling me. Couldn't you give me a heads up? I was shit scared thinking that we got caught!"

"I'm sorry,  but I didn't want to spoil the surprise. You must admit that it was all worth it, birdie."

"Yeah, that's true! "

The whole day I was roaming around the school with a smile on my face.  I told all my friends about this, and they were pretty much excited and happy for me.

**************

Back at home, I began preparing my speech which was not going that well considering the fact that all my friends including my boyfriend were there. They were all whining and cursing as I told them that I didn't want to celebrate. In the end, I accepted the celebration and we all got changed. The boys had brought the dresses they were going to wear well before. It seems like they knew I would say yes In the end.