Chapter 15

(edited)

Rebecca's POV

The ring was just so pretty that I was staring at it in awe. This ring would mark the beginning of our relationship. It would tie us into a bond so strong and filled with love. I had lost my voice at that very moment so all I could do was look into his eyes and nod. He immediately took that ring and slid it onto my finger. 

"I promise to love you with all my heart and soul, Becca. I will never hurt you intentionally and I promise to stay true to you and never make you cry."

"Oh, Ethan, you have been my first crush, my first love and my first kiss. I am happy that you are my first. I promise to love you and trust you. I will always be there for you." And with that we kissed. The kiss was slow at first,  filled with love and lot of romantic emotions, then it became hard and filled with lust. We had to break our kiss to breath, both of us were panting hard, then with a small peck on my lips he said, "Come, let's continue our date. I have a lot of surprises on the way." 

But before that I wanted to know something. "Ethan, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah, sure. Ask me anything you want, babe."

Babe. That word caused small fireworks in my stomach. "Umm...why did you choose this place for our date?"

He just stared at me for a second with a smile on his face.

"Well, I know for a fact that you wanted someone to ask you to be his girlfriend in the same way. So, I did everything I could to make sure I treat you like a princess." 

I was really surprised that he knew what I said to my friend about 5 years ago, but I remember saying this to only her then how did he come to know?

Flashback 

I saw Natalie coming out from her classroom. Natalie was my childhood friend. We did almost everything together.

She was popular whereas I was not. I never knew why she would always hang out with me when she could hang out with all the other popular kids.  

"Hey Becca! How was your first period? Does Mrs. Jane still hate you?" Mrs. Jane never liked me and I never knew why!

"Yeah she still hates me. God only knows for what reason!"

We kept on talking and laughing about stuff. We were those kind of friends who never cared what others would think about us. Let's just say that we were damn crazy, but in a funny, loving way

"Hey Becca, if a guy wanted you to be his girlfriend how do you think he should ask you out?"

That sudden question was quite surprising. I mean I have never thought about stuff like this."Why are you asking me this? But if you really want to know then let me tell you that I have never thought about this."

"I know you haven't but just tell me how you would want that moment to be."

"Hmm....I have always loved tall buildings because from the rooftop you can see the whole city which is an amazing view. So I guess on a rooftop like that, at night, with a dinner table set up, with flowers everywhere. Something like that."

"OOh, that's a great way to propose to a girl."

"But why did you ask me that?" I asked her, curious.

"Just like that. No particular reason."

I still wasn't convinced with her excuse. I felt that there was another reason why she wanted to know it but I just shrugged it off. 

"Okay, bye Becca! Gotta go for my next class. Will meet you during lunch break."

"Okay! Bye Nats!"

End of flashback 

Oh, so that was the reason why she asked. I wanted to ask him but felt that I shouldn't.

"Birdie, I know you that you want to ask me something. Tell what it is, babe."

I was fidgeting with my dress when asking him, "Did Natalie help you in planning this proposal? Was it you who asked her to ask me that question?"

He answered nervously scratching his neck. "Um, yes. I know I shouldn't have asked her but I wanted to make this special for you so I had to ask her."

"But that was 5 years ago?"

"I know that but at that time I was not the kind of guy that you would like. I was worse than a mess, birdie. I have done things which are very wrong, that's why I distanced my self from you. I sure did have a crush on you at that time but didn't want you to know.  I wanted to change myself first then ask you out."

He ended rather nervously and awkwardly. What bad things did he do?

"What do you mean by bad things? I...don't want you to tell me if you're not comfortable. But just know that I will always be there if you need me."

"I know that you will be there for me. I'm just not ready to tell you about my past right now." 

I didn't like the weird air between us so I decided to change the topic. "Okay, so my Prince Charming shall we continue our date?" 

"Yes, we shall princess." He smiled.

We kept on asking each other questions just to get to know each other, somewhat like 20 questions.

After dinner we danced till our legs hurt. Then we went to the beach, the one place that can be peaceful, romantic, and protected at the same time. The whole night there was a wide smile on my face, something I couldn't remove even if I wanted to. Ethan dropped me home. We kissed each and every second during our date. It seemed like the kiss was like a drug for both of us. When I was lying down on bed I just kept remembering each and every moment we spent today. Everything was just so unreal.

I am Ethan Zeager's official girlfriend.

'Ethan' and 'girlfriend' in one sentence was something I had only dreamed about but now it was reality. Now the question is, how am I going to face all my school mates tomorrow? Are we going to announce our relationship? This was something I didn't plan. With that my eyes felt heavy and I went into a deep slumber with some amazing moments to dream about.
-----
Sorry for such a late update, I have been so busy with some work and had lot of hospital trips last week  so please forgive me.
Thankyou guys for all the love and support.
Do comment and vote for my book.
Love you all readers.

Love
Swagetite_bookz