Chapter 3

(edited)

Ethan's POV

Straight after lunch, I went back to the class to check the softboard for my partners name.

"Ethan... Ethan..." My finger ran down the list till it finally reached my name. Looking across, my partner was no other than Rebecca. I smiled to myself.

In this way, I at least got a chance to talk to her.

Turning back on my heel, I realised that I was waiting for the fifth period. When I would finally get a chance to talk to her.

I don't care about the project. I care only about getting to know her.

Rebecca's POV

This day didn't seem to be getting better. Ethan was my partner for the project.

I sighed. What luck! All my efforts to avoid him had gone in vain. We anyway had to talk for the project.

I turned away from the board and walked to my next class.

At least, in this way, he could get his revenge for the previous incident. I would do anything for the project and it's marks. They were all that mattered.

************

Fifth Period

He was already there when I reached the class. On a closer look, I saw that he was seated next to my seat. Sighing, I searched for another place to sit.

"Hey, Rebecca! What are you doing there? Come here!" Ethan called out just as I found a free seat. He was patting the chair next to his. I don't know what compelled me to quietly go and sit next to him. The scent of his cologne hit me almost immediately after I sat down. It wasn't the usual harsh spray guys liked to put all over their body. It was a subtle, intoxicating scent.

He was wearing a fitted denim jacket and a white T-shirt, looking hot as always.

Hot enough to kiss...

Wait... what? No way! I don't want to kiss him. Not now or ever.

I already knew this project was going to be tough.

A sudden flick on the forehead jerked me back from thought world.

"Hey, you there? Thinking 'bout me?" Ethan smirked.

"Of course, not." To my misfortune, the words came out a little too fast. I heard him chuckle and looking up, his expression told me he obviously didn't believe what I said.

"Yeah, yeah. Dream about me later, okay? Let's do the project now."

I ignored his first comment. "Yeah. So the topic is Women's Rights, right? So we can make a short power point on how the society has changed a lot from the past and how women partake more in the standing of the society, etc...." I rambled on, looking down at the worksheet.

When I looked up, Ethan was softly smiling at me.

"You look cute when you ramble."

His comment made me blush and I shifted, trying to hide it. But he noticed and grinned.

"And when you blush."

Which made me blush even harder. "Um... thanks..."

I stayed silent after that, thinking it over. For the rest of the period, I couldn't pay attention.

He is a player. A good for nothing. He will play me and throw me like all the other girls before me. He never had any serious relationships and it's not like I was anything special. I can't fall for him. I just can't.

I tried to focus on what my mind told me but the words kept jumbling up with Ethan's grinning face.

Maybe I was that type of person after all. The kind of person who instantly fell for anyone if they showed me a little attention.

When the bell rang, I quietly got up and walked away, whispering a goodbye and not waiting for his reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hey guys .. im just happy with all my viewers, love you guys a lot. Your love is all the makes me write. Please leave a comment and do vote

Please do send me covers so I can post it in my new chapters.

Love

Swagetite_bookz