She had been sitting down reading for quite some time when she was pulled out from her trance by the sound of a car engine. To be more precise; multiple car engines. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, Taehyung got up and walked towards the nearest window, moving the curtains out of her way so that she could see what is happening outside. The cars were mostly gone now, but Taehyung could identify them as the ones that usually were occupied by her father's assistants and helpers.

Drawing the curtains back to how they were, Taehyung quickly went out of the library and looked down the hallway. Seeing one of the mansion's maids, the brunette called out her name. Turning around in confusion, the maid walked towards the young mistress.

"Yes, mistress?" the maid said, her hands occupied by some cleaning utensils.

"Hello," Taehyung greeted as she smiled brightly up at the older woman, "Do you know who just left the house? I think I heard some cars going down the driveway a few seconds ago."

"Oh, that was Mr.Kim and his entourage. He got a phone call from a company he's been trying to land a deal with," the maid replied, letting out a small minuscule smile grace her face.

"Will he be here by lunch?" the younger asked, cocking her head in question.

"He didn't specify when he'll be coming back, mistress, but I think he'll probably take longer than that. I think it's better to expect him to come back by nightfall. You know how time consuming his job gets."

"Yeah, I guess so," Taehyung said, her voice trailing off at the end, "Well, thank you Mrs.Jekal!"

"You're welcome Ms.Kim," and with that the maid left to continue cleaning.

Instead of walking back to the library to continue reading, an idea sprung into Taehyung's head. Passing the library, the brunette set her destination towards the stairs leading to the basement. Keeping an eye out for any staff, Taehyung quickly scurried down the stairs as quietly as she could. Her plan could go wrong at any second if someone caught her. The least she was hoping was that there was no one keeping guard down there. If anyone saw her and told her father she doesn't even want to know what would happen.

Finally reaching the bottom of the stairs, Taehyung kept her hands on the wall, trying to find a light switch. After what seemed like a decade, her hand came in contact with a knob and she quickly turned it; the dark hall immediately becoming illuminated.

Unlike the clean and polished upper floors that the staff dedicated long grueling hours to keep, the basement was a sight to see. There was no proper flooring and the walls were rough and shorter than usual. Someone with a taller height than average would definitely have trouble going down this hallway without bending their neck. Luckily, depending on how you look at it, Taehyung was shorter than average so this wasn't a problem for her.

Ripping her gaze from her surroundings, the brunette focused on the task at hand. Multiple doors were lined down the hallway, all made from the same dark grey metal. There was one in particular, that caught her attention. The difference between this door and the other ones, was the little window-like opening in the center of the door.

 The difference between this door and the other ones, was the little window-like opening in the center of the door

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
Unorthodox - Vkookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें