Work, surprise attack, & surprise savior

Saphira pov
I groaned as I was gently shook awake so I cracked one eye open only to blink them both open when Lyra said "we have a busy day ahead of us and the high king and queen wish for you to join them for breakfast" I sat up and stretched while yawning, then I climbed out of bed and headed to the bathroom to freshen up with a shower and splashing some water on my face. I left the bathroom and got out a beautiful knee length black ruffled skirt that was long in the back and short in the front then grabbed a shimmering silver halter top, and a pair of black flats with a small lace ribbon on the side then braided my hair in a fishtail while Snowdrop landed on my shoulder before we left my room heading down to the dining hall only to stop at the infirmary to check on Jareth seeing that he was still unconscious I hummed sadly heading over to one of the healers and quietly ask "How is he Selena" she hummed softly replying "He is doing much better his bruises are now fully healed and the scratches and cuts he had are also healed with no scars thankfully the deep wound looks better I had actually just replaced the bandages a couple minutes ago, if everything goes as it should he could possibly wake up sometime this afternoon or early tomorrow morning" my eyes brightened at the thought of him possibly waking up today or tomorrow. Snowdrop cooed softly before flying over to the bed amd settled on the railing I chuckled saying "I guess your staying here huh Snowdrop" she cooed happily I shook my head while Selena laughed softly saying "I certainly won't mind her company now I assume your off to meet the high king and queen for breakfast" I nodded before leaving the room and heading there now seeing them already there I hummed softly saying good morning to both of them which was warmly responded to by both individuals. While we were eating I was curiously asking questions about the Labyrinth and how Jareth had come up with the idea, questions they were all too happy to answer in order to satisfy my curiosity then I asked about his barn owl form which Alyssa responded that the form was a gift from her on one of his birthdays giving him more freedom and helped him safely travel to the Above. I winced mentioning what happened with my younger brother, but described how I had helped heal his wing which calmed the worried parents. The conversation quickly turned to the wishes that have to be taken care of, but I fear that even with the extra security details that the Labyrinth and the runners would not be safe from the Orcs. The same fears were shared by Alyssa and Lucien who would need to toss around ideas before agreeing on one. Once breakfast was finished I calmly excused myself from the table to check on the goblins so leaving the dining room I went to the throne room and immediately started sending out relief groups for the goblins at the labyrinth entrances then ran around myself helping out wherever I could just to keep myself busy.
Jareth pov
Jareth grumbled wandering around my mindscape which is a replica of my labyrinth feeling my magic work with potions and ointments that he could tell were being used on his wounds. Jareth could feel his magic slowly recovering from the fight he had put up against the Orcs when they attacked him. He winced feeling phantom pain go through his side only to be startled half to death feeling the soothing magic of his mother course through his body feeling the wound on his side heal completely and his magic replenish to a rather peaceful level I shockingly wondered 'Why is my mother here? Who called her? Does that mean father is here as well?' Jareth focused his magic just enough that he was able to hear what was being said around him, but he knew his body needed a bit more rest before he woke up. Jareth heard his mother speaking to Selena about Saphira and how brave she was leading the goblins to find him. Rhe goblin king nearly had a heart attack hearing his mothers words 'Saphira led the goblins to find me?! Is that why my mother is here?!' As he continued to listen to their conversation he grew more curious about Saphira's past, but his mind needed rest and so did his body, sighing Jareth allowed his mind to settle and his body to relax so he could recover faster not knowing he would be startled awake by something that will give a new meaning to the saying "expect the unexpected".
Alyssa pov
I could feel the tired restless magic of my unconscious son when I entered the infirmary seeing Selena working on a few potions while Snowdrop has settled on the headboard of the bed my son rests on. I smiled sadly seeing Jareth in such a state. I'm more used to seeing him running around like a hyper child yet at the same time being a mature adult. I calmly used my magic to heal the wound on his side and replenish his magic to a more peaceful level feeling how startled he was by my magic, I was about to sooth his magic but found I didn't have to since he did that on his own. Moving to Selena I spoke to her about Saphira and what the wished away teen has already accomplished with the goblins and the elves that work and live within the castle and the labyrinth itself. I could feel Jareth's magic coil in surprise and could sense the near heart attack he almost had when I mentioned that it was Saphira who led the goblins to save him my heart warmed at the fear he felt for her, his fear let me know that my son cares for Saphira I thought carefully 'just maybe Saphira can break down the walls Jareth has built around himself due to that woman who calls herself Saphira's mother' I helped Selena create an ointment for Saphira that would help heal the scars that have yet to fade to only a slight scar and a potion that would help her if she has nightmares about past relationship (if it can even be called a relationship). My heart warmed knowing just maybe my son and Saphira can heal each other from their past betrayals with some patience and time.
Lucien pov
I hummed softly working through the paperwork that needed to be worked on knowing that paperwork is definitely not the first thing Jareth will want to deal with when he wakes up and starts moving again. I snarled seeing requests to enter the labyrinth from the Orcs, growling I shredded the requests and wrote a response in my own words with the signatures of me, my wife, and my son then sent the message off with my magic before moving on to the rest of the paperwork updating the treaties with the High Elves, Fairy's, Centaurs, Dragons, Phoenix's, Unicorns, Griffins, Pegasi, Pixies, Sirens, and Mermaids. I raised a brow seeing the two treaties with the Sirens and Mermaids I surprisingly wondered 'How did my son accomplish a treaty with them I thought they didn't trust him unless he proved himself to them by accomplishing a task or offering them a place in the labyrinth. Either way very impressive Jareth.' I chuckled amusingly knowing that my son is full of surprises so once the updated treaties were sent off to their respective clans and kingdoms I rose the chair to gaze out the window only to be horrified seeing the Orcs marching towards the labyrinth. I growled irritably and sent a sharp pulse of magic through the castle and the labyrinth alerting everyone of the attack that is about to start. I used my magic to change my attire from relaxed to my armor then disappeared from the office appearing with my wife in the throne room only to see that none of the goblins were there but then we heard running and the very familiar voice of Saphira giving orders to the goblins and surprisingly the other beings that reside in the labyrinth as we went out she turned to us with a determined gaze that clearly said 'I'm fighting and that is that' I smirked knowing full well that this young lady is by no means a coward or someone who will let others fight her battles for her unless that is necessary that was proven when she led the goblins to save their king and our son. I nodded to her and I gave the final orders and with that she took off into the labyrinth with some of the elves and the Fire Gang also known as Fireys then the rest of us ran off into the labyrinth ready to fight.
Saphira pov
I growled angrily at the audacity of these Orcs to attack the labyrinth then cursed colorfully seeing them running through the pathways I snarled firing off arrows one after another, the elves were fighting with swords and knives, and the Fireys were fighting with fire and talons while the labyrinth itself was also fighting against the Orcs even the the fairies that normally flew around the rose vines were attacking the irritating creatures after another hour though I finally ran out of arrows due to the labyrinth now having to fight off even more Orcs from the other entrances and paths so I started fighting with my own knives which thanks to a little magic from the elves they grew into swords just for the fight. Using every bit of acrobatics and speed I have to avoid getting hit by their weapons killing any of the Orcs that came near me or that I got near until they finally cornered me enough that I was trapped between them and a wall. I glared defiantly at the creatures before me I knew that I have some wounds but nothing that would prevent me from fighting some more so smirking when one came closer I slashed its chest twice in a form of an x causing the beast to scream in pain I grinded my teeth together as I was forced to my knees when another orc attacked and put a lot of pressure on my swords I glanced sideways only for my gaze to widen in horror seeing another orc coming in to attack since I was pinned I sadly thought 'well at least I'll die knowing I was protecting something that I have grown to care for and respect, but also protecting a king that earned my respect as a leader, a king, and a protector.' With that thought I closed my eyes waiting for the blow that very much could end my life but it never instead came loud roars of pain and a strong breeze.
Jareth pov
My eyes snapped open as a strong feeling of horror and defiance made its way to my heart and mind sitting up sharply when I recognized that the emotions I was feeling were coming from Saphira. Reaching out to the labyrinth I immediately hissed angrily feeling the presence of the Orcs attacking my kingdom and my people, but froze in near horror as the labyrinth showed me a mental image of Saphira being cornered by 4 Orcs now three since she caused one to fall back by attacking it when it came too close but another had her on her knees when it struck the swords she had risen to defend herself I snarled angrily seeing the other one charging to attack her. Just as I had gotten up and shifted my attire with magic I heard a faint saddened whisper enter my mind 'well at least I'll die knowing I was protecting something that I have grown to care for and respect, but also protecting a king that earned my respect as a leader, a king, and protector.' My heart warmed slightly at the last part and her respect for my home, creation, and my people but the first part involving her dying was something I refuse to allow to happen not when I can prevent her death. I growled disappearing in the fastest burst of glitter I had ever done appeared behind the orc that dared to charge at my current wished away who is very brave, defiant, kind, and curious but those thoughts and questions needed to wait for a safer time as I killed the orc earning a loud roar of pain then nothing I snarled seeing Saphira struggling to keep the curved weapon of the orc from inching closer to her skin. I immediately threw a crystal that burst into flames the second it struck the beast causing it to scream and run back to its brethren while I vanished to Saphira's side as she tilted sideways exhausted catching her I heard the mumbled growl "I hate Orcs" I chuckled dryly replying "I believe that makes two of us dear phoenix" she stiffened slightly in either surprise or shock not sure which. I know for a fact I certainly was not expecting a hug nor was I expecting the mumbled "if u ever do something as stupid as going to a meeting with orcs alone again I'll hang u over the bog myself" had me freeze in shock before throwing my head back and laughing amused by her murmured words and sheer courage to say such a thing. When I had finally calmed down from my laughing fit I amusingly teased "I wasn't aware u had that type of courage tucked away somewhere phoenix" she grinned playfully replying "u never know after all u said it yourself not everything is what it seems" I smirked amusingly having my own words thrown back at me in such a playful yet meaningful manner is something else but there are things to do so rising I gently tugged her up with me touching the wall of my labyrinth I let my magic send a pulse through out the labyrinth making it fight back with everything in it's domain a dark smirk crossed my features as I turned back around rather viciously saying "I think it's high time the unvited were kicked out living or dead wouldn't u agree everyone" Saphira grinned like a cheshire cat, the elves did the same while the Fireys gave loud cries as they flew off chasing after the Orcs as the beasts ran away the elves ran in another direction while I simply vanished us to where my parents are seeing them fighting against a impressive amount of the insufferable creatures I blinked seeing a blur of red hair join the insanity I shook my head wondering why she couldn't have at least said something before running off but neither here nor there she's quite a fighter I raised a brow in wonder and respect as she easily used the wall of my labyrinth as a kick off point twisting in the air she sliced off the heads of two orcs before landing on her feet stabbing another two orcs I shook off my wonder as I dived into the battle myself slaying any orc that was near me until I reached Saphira as I tossed two crystals causing them burst into flames the second they touched two orcs causing them to scream in vast amounts of pain as they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. I whirled around throwing a knife at the orc that was about to strike Saphira from behind. Growling I thought irritably 'this battle has gone on long enough this ends now!' I used three crystals to cause strong hurricane like wind to push the orcs out of my home and away from my family and people. Jareth huffed "well now that they are gone.." he cut off as his mother hugged him out of relief along with his father. He hummed soothingly murmuring "I'm fine now I promise" his mother quietly replied "good" the three of us looked up seeing Saphira giving orders out to the goblins, Fireys, and the elves causing them to scatter through my labyrinth to secure the entrances.
Two hrs later no one pov
Jareth's heart warmed seeing Saphira so at ease within his home. Alyssa and Lucien were content and relieved that their son was finally awake which soothed their own worries. The goblins have settled back down but remained alert in cause of any rogue orcs. The elves helped any citizens of the labyrinth who's homes were damaged during the attack as well as anyone who was hurt. The Fireys gathered the dead orcs and removed them from the labyrinth. Needless to say there was quite a feast set up that night to celebrate the defeat of the Orcs and Jareth's awakening. Jareth made a beautiful speech in regards to thanking Saphira and his parents while also praising his people. Saphira actually blushed up to her roots when Jareth's attention turned to her because she was not expecting such a thank u making Alyssa and Lucien chuckle. When everyone retreated to their rooms Saphira was able to relax and sleep peacefully knowing the labyrinth was safe and Jareth was awake. Alyssa and Lucien settled in for the night sleeping peacefully for the first time since their arrival. Jareth was settled on a perch in his owl form gazing curiously at Saphira who was now asleep, he was content with knowing she was safe and unharmed except for a few minor scratches, cuts, and a bruise here and there. Content with this knowledge the goblin king returned to his room and went to sleep himself finally relaxed knowing his kingdom is secure once more and his current guest is safely asleep within her own room.

I do apologize for the long wait, I had a bad case of writers block on top of a few hard college classes, and new job hunting. But I think I finally put myself back together enough to write again so hopefully I'll be updating the rest of my stories soon as well.