meeting Lyra, singing and dancing, and saving Jareth

Saphira pov
I was woken by a soothing melody being hummed and Snowdrop giving a soft cry of content so I opened my eyes I looked around the room not recognizing it but then I remembered everything that happened last night and knew I was in the Jareth's castle. I noticed the person who was humming was also petting on Snowdrop that was when I saw her ears and realized that she was an elf and she noticed I was awake and stopped humming and said "good morning Lady Saphira my name is Lyra" I blinked in surprise when she called me Lady Saphira but I said "good morning to u as well Lyra and pls call me Saphira" she nodded and said "okay" then went through one of the doors then came back and said "I've drawn your bath and once your done there will be a dress laid out for u that I will help u with" I smiled and said "thank u Lyra" then I got up and went through the door she had come through and closed it, removed my clothes and hid them in a corner that I had found while looking around then stepped into the water relaxing almost immediately I washed my hair with rose scented shampoo then washed my body with gingerbread latte scented body wash and once I was done I stayed in the water for a couple more minutes than got out and dried myself off noticing I still had my ponytail holder on my wrist I braided my hair to the side once I had brushed it then put my underwear on and then I stepped out of the bathroom with the towel still around me and saw that Lyra was holding a light blue dress so I went over to her she looked up and saw that I was ready to get dressed so she took the towel I closed my eyes and waited for disapproving groan or huff when she saw my tattoos but I heard a soft gasp and she said "where did u learn about these" I opened my eyes and said "I always heard them whenever I dreamed but I could never make out the voice that was saying them" she smiled and said "they are beautiful quotes and our King once said them to a runner" I nodded and said "that runner was my mother Sarah wasn't it" her eyes lit up in surprise and said "yes and she's your mother" I nodded and said "but she rarely spoke about her time here" she nodded and pulled the dress over my head then did the laces in the back and then said "one of your tattoos is going to be revealed" I nodded and said "it's the one my shoulder" she nodded and said "yes and I was wondering do u want to fix your braid" I smiled and said "yes pls" so she undid the ponytail and rebraided it but I didn't recognize the style. Lyra must have noticed my confusion and said "it's an elven braid" I nodded and said "it's beautiful thank u" she smiled and said "now that your ready the king wants to see u" I nodded and gave soft mockingjay whistle and Snowdrop came and landed on my shoulder, so I followed Lyra out of the room and down the seemingly endless halls but I memorized the turns we took. We stopped in front of a door Lyra opened the door and we saw that no one was inside so Lyra said "just wait in here he'll be here soon" I nodded and she shut the door so I looked around and headed towards the table which was long, with gold engravings on the sides and the surface of the table was a light brown with what looked like silver wings lining the surface which sparkled while the tables legs had a coppery tone to them and the chairs had silver engravings I smiled while admiring the craftsman ship of this beautiful table. I thought back to when my father had sung a soothing lullaby to me when I couldn't sleep so I started to hum the beginning of the song that was when I started to sing the song and it was called Safe and Sound...
Safe and Sound
I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let u go when all our shadows almost killed your light I remember u said don't leave me here alone when all that's dead and gone and past tonight
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down you'll be alright, no one can hurt u now come morning light, u and I'll be safe and sound
Don't u dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire the war outside our door keeps raging on hold onto thus lullaby even when the music's gone, gone
Just close your eyes, the sun is going down you'll be alright, no one can hurt u now come morning light, u and I'll be safe and sound
Just close your eyes, you'll be alright come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound
Once I was done singing I heard soft clapping I turned around in surprise and saw Jareth standing by the door a light blush dusted my cheeks and asked "how long have u been standing there" he smiled and said "not long, I came in halfway through the song and I must say u are quite a dancer and a singer" my blush darkened and said "thank u I didn't even realize I was dancing and singing" he gave a small chuckle and said "u were quite focused on singing that u didn't realize that u had begun to dance throughout the song it was quite enchanting to watch" I smiled and blushed at the comment. I watched as he created a crystal and Snowdrop thinking that he was going to play with her, dived and grabbed the crystal out of his hand I watched as he gazed at Snowdrop in shock and amusement I giggled and said "she thought u were going to throw it in the air for her to catch, I do that so that way she's not in her cage all day" he nodded still gazing at Snowdrop who dived and dropped the crystal in my waiting hand and threw it back at Jareth who caught it and made it disappear. He smiled at something and made a motion with his hand to turn around I turned my head and surprisingly enough there was food on the table.
Jareth pov
I watched as Saphira turned around and saw that the table had plates of food on it but what really caught my attention was the writing on her shoulder and my breath caught in my throat when I saw what the words said which was "I move the stars for no one" I disappeared only to reappear behind her and brushed my gloved fingers against the familiar words making her freeze but at the same time shiver and I said "how do u know this" and she said "I would hear them in my dreams but I could never figure out the voice that was saying them" I nodded while tracing the all too familiar words that I had said to her mother when she had come to the castle to get her brother. I shook my head lightly to clear away those thoughts and said "what do u mean by them u have more than one" she nodded and said "I have another one on my lower back that says your eyes can be so cruel both are from the same dreams" I nodded and said "they're true sayings now how about we eat" she nodded so I pulled out her chair and she sat down but with a distant yet curious look in her eyes. I thought nothing of her gaze and sat in my own chair I watched as Snowdrop landed on her shoulder so I said "what are u thinking about" she turned her curious gaze towards me and said "I was just thinking about what my mother told me about her time here" now I was curious about what Sarah had told her so I said "what did she tell u" and she said "well she said that u were cruel and often twisted things so that they work in your favor and drugged her with a peach". I could tell she was confused about the last part so I said "the peach wasn't drugged it showed your mother a dream that she often had after reading the book that told the tale of my labyrinth and its inhabitants while the cruel part was only half true". I could tell that I had her attention and that she wasn't as confused about the peach so I continued by saying "I'm only cruel when I need to be or if someone like say the goblins that run around here like crazy people get me angry enough which doesn't happen too often that's when I can be cruel and possibly during a battle those would be the only times that I could be cruel" I watched as realization came into her eyes and she said "u were testing her weren't u to see if she could make though" I nodded and said "I gave her 13 hrs to complete my labyrinth and she completed it" she gazed at me curiously and said "she said that u wouldn't give her brother back" I narrowed my eyes and wondered what other lies Sarah had told her about me and said "that was a lie I was willing to give her back her brother but I offered her everything" and she said "what do u mean u offered her everything" I sighed and said "I offered her the life of a queen because I loved her" I watched as her eyes narrowed and said "she refused a life of a queen and denied your love" I nodded and she shook her head while saying "good grief my mother really is crazy to refuse such an offer and your love" we sat in silence while I thought about what she just said, I wondered how she knew so much about love but that was for her to tell in her own time I wondered if it had something to do with the sayings that she has tattooed on her shoulder and lower back. I was brought of my musings by a startled screech from Snowdrop so I looked around and saw one of the goblins running into the room with a message, I bite back a hiss of annoyance and anger when I saw who the message was from. I read the message and saw that the orc leader wanted to meet outside the labyrinth in the black forest I was tempted to bang my head against the table and curse the orcs but I calmed myself and rose from the chair and said "there are matters that I need to attend to Lyra will help u find your way back to your room" she nodded and rose as well just as Lyra walked into the room so I vanished from the room and into the throne room.
Saphira pov
I watched as Jareth disappeared but not before I saw anger coming into his eyes and Lyra said "follow me Saphira" so I followed her through the halls and she opened the door to my room I walked inside and she said "I have a couple things to do so if u need me just call for me" she closed the door behind me so I walked over to the window and looked out towards the Labyrinth, I saw a white barn owl with tinge's of brown fly towards the forest that looked black that was when I realized the owl was Jareth so I whistled softly and Snowdrop came to me and I said "follow Jareth but stay out of sight and come back to me if he's in trouble" she cooed softly and flew off towards the forest following at a distance but keeping him in her line of site I watched until I couldn't see them so I walked back inside the bathroom and changed back into my normal clothes then walked back out laying the dress on the bed I checked under my sweatshirt sleeves to make sure my knives were still there and they were then I tapped my blue cresent moon necklace making my bow and arrows appear on the bed I placed the arrows on my back and grasped the bow, my thoughts drifting to the last time I fired an arrow from it my eyes narrowed with pain and anger because of what my ex boyfriend did to me. I touched the faded scar at the top of my neck tracing it down my spine to the bottom of my back all because I wouldn't let him have what I wasn't ready to give. I clutched my bow tighter at the memory of the knife slashing down my spine, facturing the center and then the scar on my left ear, then the scar on my left hip. I was lucky to survive the injuries he gave me and then my mother had the guts to name my little brother after the idiot that gave me these scars. I shook my head of those memories and looked at the window just in time to see Snowdrop coming in carrying two bloody feathers I took the feathers from her recognizing them as they match Jareth's feathers, keeping the feathers in my hand I walked out of the room and found what I was looking for the throne room. I walked inside and saw all the goblins in the room running around like crazy people so I gave a high pitched whistle and they all stopped and looked at me I held up the feathers and said "your king is in trouble and from the looks of these feathers he's also hurt my owl can lead us to him" the goblins shrieked so I gave another whistle and said "be ready for a fight now arm yourselves and prepare for battle" they ran out of the room and only thirty minutes passed before I had every goblin outside the castle ready for a fight so I gave a soft whistle and Snowdrop came to me I gave her the feathers and said "lead us to him girl" and she flew off with us following her leading us through the forest until she landed on a bare branch and cooed quietly I put a finger to my lips and motioned for the goblins to stop while I moved closer to the edge and saw Jareth tied up and from the looks of the bounds they were tight around his wrists and ankles and I winced at the site of his wounds so I motioned for one of goblins to come up and I asked "what are those creatures" and he said "they're orcs and they are some nasty fighters" then I said "what do they want" and he said "they want the labyrinth and the power that comes with it" I narrowed my eyes and said "that's not going to happen make a circle around this area and wait for my arrow to fly that's when all of u attack" they all nodded and took off to circle the orcs while hiding in the shadows I moved closer and placed an arrow on my bow and drew the string back and let the arrow fly hitting the orc closest to Jareth killing it that was when all the goblins screeched out a battle cry and attacked the orcs I leapt from the shadows, placing the bow on my back, and drew my knives slashing and stabbing every orc in my path until I reached Jareth and called out to the few goblins that were closest to me saying "circle around the Goblin King keep the orcs away at all costs" and they circled around us keeping the orcs away while I undid the bounds that kept Jareth from escaping and once he was free he fell sideways against me a soft groan of pain escaped his lips I tightened my grip on him but not enough to put him in more pain and kept my knives aimed at the orcs who stood in front of us the goblins snarling and shrieking at them until the orcs finally gave up trying to get to the unconscious king that lay in my arms and ran off disappearing into the shadows of the forest so I put away my knives. I carefully stood putting one arm around Jareth's waist while also placing his arm around my neck that was when I felt a nudge against my back I froze and slowly turned my head and starred into the eyes of a pure white unicorn I heard the goblins utter soft startled and surprised shrieks I stretched out my hand allowing the unicorn to nuzzle my hand and give a neigh I replied with one of my own and the unicorn replied softly so I turned my head said "help me get him on her" and they all came over and helped me get Jareth on the unicorns back and once he was on her back we headed back to the castle with Snowdrop leading the way and me walking beside Iris, I had given her a name along the way and she accepted my name for her by nuzzling my shoulder and giving a soft yet happy neigh. I heard a soft groan of pain I turned my head towards the still unconscious king that lay on Iris' back so I sent four goblins on ahead to alert a healer or two about the kings condition and once we got to the castle I gently pulled Jareth off Iris' back giving her a soft neigh and in return she nuzzled my shoulder and galloped back into the forest. I made my way inside the castle and out of the throne room with two goblins leading me to the healers I gently laid him on the bed. I told the two goblins that led me to the room to put out guards at the entrances to the labyrinth and castle doors and if anything suspicious appears or happens to immediately alert me they nodded eagerly and ran out of the room. I turned my attention towards the healers who were working quickly on Jareth's wounds so I stepped out of the room just as a goblin came running up to me and said "what do we do now" I thought for a moment and said "is there anyone he trusts besides u all" the goblin thought for a moment and said "the high king and queen of the underground after all they are his parents" I thought for a moment then one of the healers came out and I gazed at the healer and realized that she was a elf and I asked "how is he" she raised her head and said "his wounds aren't as severe as we thought they would be, there will be slight scarring but other than that he'll be alright" I asked "has he regained conscious yet" she shook her head so I said "alert me right away when he does" she nodded and went back inside the room I turned to the goblin and said "send a message to the high king and queen and alert them of what has happened here" the goblin nodded and ran off. I walked down the halls only to find Lyra running towards me and she said "how is he" and I said "he's still unconscious and his wounds aren't as severe as we thought they would be" Lyra nodded and said "is there anything we can do" I thought for a moment and said "prepare a meal for the healers and a soft meal in case the king wakes up" she nodded and took off possibly towards the kitchen while I made my way to the throne room and when I walked in the goblins turned to me and I said "your king is alright but still unconscious" I watched as they all breathed a sign of relief then I asked "has my message been sent to the high king and queen" the goblins nodded so I nodded back then said "have guards been placed at the labyrinth entrances and castle doors" they nodded again so I said "excellent" that was when Lyra came in and said "the food has been delivered to the healers with your instructions" I nodded just as a goblin came running through the door with a message which I read my eyes widened and I said "alert me when they reach the castle and the rest of u clean this room up so that it's not messy" they nodded and scurried all over the place while I left the room with Lyra following me. When we got to my room we walked inside and Lyra rushed over to the closet, opened it and pulled out a beautiful periwinkle halter dress so I pulled off my clothes and she helped me into the dress and rebraided my hair. We were just getting done when a goblin came in and said "they're here Lady Saphira" I nodded and left the room with Lyra by my side and the goblin leading the way and once we were outside the castle doors I saw the high king and queen coming up the steps I bowed out of respect towards their royal status and said "greetings your majesty's" and the high king said "rise child of above" I rose and gazed at the high king and queen and the high queen said "how is our son" I sighed and said "his wounds aren't as severe as we thought they would be but he's still unconscious" I motioned for them to follow me inside and I led them through the throne room and to the healers and opened the door allowing them enter the room, I closed the door behind us and watched as they walked over to their son. I went over to the two healers and said "has there been any changes" they looked at each other and one said "his color is starting to come back and his bruises are starting to fade which is a good thing" I nodded and said "what about his other wounds" the other one said "they're healing nicely but the one deep wound is concerning" I narrowed my eyes and said "show me" they nodded and lead me over to the bed where Jareth lay and revealed his left side and on his left side was a nasty wound I saw out of the corner of my eye that the high king and queen had come up next to me I heard a small gasp possibly from the high queen at the wound. I turned towards the two elven healers and said "do what u can for him" they nodded and said "yes Lady Saphira" I gave them a small, encouraging smile and turned to the high king and queen and said "what happens now" they glanced at each other and the high queen said "we will stay and help with the goblins and wishes that our son takes care of" I nodded and glanced back at Jareth.
High queen (Alyssa) pov
I watched as Saphira gazed at my son and I could tell from the gentle emotions in her eyes that she was worried and that she cared about him so I placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and said "he'll be alright Saphira, Jareth is a strong king and warrior but now we must keep the goblins in check and grant the wishes that my son takes care of" she turned her gentle gaze towards me and nodded so I led her away from the bed with my husband following us out the door. We went to the throne room and saw the goblins standing there and they turned their gaze towards us and I said "we will stay and help until our son wakes up until then you'll either be giving reports to me, my husband, or Saphira is that understood" they all nodded and one said "what do u want us to do now" that was when Saphira spoke and said "I need two goblins to prepare a meal for the healers and then a couple more to prepare another meal for us" with that said five goblins left the throne room leaving the others looking expectantly at her and she said "send a relief group for the guards that are at the labyrinth entrances and the castle doors" they nodded and a couple more goblins left the room leaving a few left in the room. I turned towards Saphira with a curious look in my eyes wondering why the goblins are listening and obeying her, she saw my curious gaze and said "they listen to me because I led them into battle with the orc's to save Jareth and I took charge when they didn't know what to do with him being unconscious" I nodded while me and my husband gazed at her with hidden wonder and surprise that a child so young could know how to fight but yet as I looked at her I could see a haunted look in her hazel eyes. I made a mental note to ask her about her life in the above ground so I to the rest of the goblins I said "go and rest for it has been a long day for all of us" the remaining goblins left the room leaving me, my husband, and Saphira. My husband turned towards Saphira and said "thank u for sending us that message Saphira" she turned her head and said "your welcome your majesty" and my husband then said "pls call me Lucien" I saw a look of shock come into her eyes but it quickly disappeared and said "very well Lucien" and I said "Saphira u may call me Alyssa" I saw a gentle sparkle in her eyes and nodded her head that was when an elf entered the throne room making Saphira turn her head and say "what is it Lyra" Lyra turned her gentle gaze towards all of us and said "I figured u would like to retire to your rooms for the night" I glanced at my husband said "that would be nice thank u Lyra" she bowed her head and said "follow me" we followed Lyra out of the throne room and down the hall and Saphira walked into her room while we went across the hall. I waited till Lyra had left the hall and went to Saphira's room and went inside and saw her petting a snowy white owl who was cooing softly, I gazed softly at the peaceful moment between the two before I remembered why I had come in her room and said "Saphira can I speak with u".
Saphira pov
I turned my head towards Alyssa and said "of course" and she walked towards the bed and sat down and I sat next to her, and she said "why did u have a haunted look in your eyes while we were in the throne room" I turned my pain filled eyes towards her and said "the haunted gaze that was in my eyes was from my past" she met my gaze and said "what happened to u" I winced at the memories that surfaced and said "it's not a topic that I like talking about but I guess there's no point in hiding my past now" her gaze turned gentle and said "take your time Saphira if it gets too painful don't continue telling the story" I gave a small smile, closed my eyes, and said "the reason I learned how to fight is because of what happened to me two yrs. ago" I stopped as the memories came back but I continued by saying "I was dating a boy who I thought loved me but what he really wanted was something that I wasn't ready to give" memories of that terrifying night came forward as I said "I went with him to the docks and he led me into a warehouse saying that he had set up a small meal inside I was suspicious of this but I followed him anyway" my heart was racing with fear just like it was that night but Alyssa placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and I continued with a shaky breath and by the time I was finished my eyes were closed to try and stop the tears in my eyes from falling I felt Alyssa pull me against her and that was when the tears started to fall and she whispered softly "you've been through so much making your heart closed off from love because of this boy let your tears fall child let them fall" and I let them fall each tear symbolizing sadness, lose, heartbreak, and broken trust. My head rested against her shoulder as I began to calm down and once I was calm I lifted my head off her shoulder and said "thank u for listening to me about this" her gentle and caring gaze met mine and said "your welcome and as long as your here your safe from him now we have a long day tomorrow so get some rest" I nodded my head as she got up and I crawled under the covers and as soon as my head touched the pillow I fell into a dreamless and peaceful sleep.
Alyssa pov
I walked back into the room me and Alec were staying in I shared my memories with him and his eyes held an angry yet saddened gaze and both of us laid on the bed and I said "what will happen when Jareth finds out about her past" he shook his head and said "I guess we'll find out when that happens" and with that we fell into a peaceful yet slightly worried sleep thinking about our son and Saphira.
Safe and Sound