Chapter 35: The End

Start from the beginning

Mai went round, greeting her family

Mai went round, greeting her family. She smiled at the comments brought by the women of how beautiful she had grown, thanked the men who congratulated her on her bravery. Mai gave a respectful bow towards the elders and spoke with them for a while. She proceeded to small conversations with the kids her age as well as greeting the newer members of the clan (as in the little children and babies) before going to the head table.

The only one present at the table was Huey -dressed in a navy blue yukata- who had been eyeing her actions the entire time. He looks handsome, Mai thought. She frowned at the thought but dismissed it just as quickly as she took her seat.

"Hey," Huey said in English.
"Hi," Mai replied(in the same language), "That yukata suits you"
"Thanks," Huey offered, "You look beautiful tonight. That red kimono compliments you well"

 That red kimono compliments you well"

(Outfit Mai is wearing)

Mai turned away from Huey, hiding the blush evident her face. She made fiddled with the golden obi of her kimono as she replied, "Thank you".

She turned her gaze to the clan members chattering excitedly amongst themselves and gave a small smile. It was good to be home.

"Mai," Huey called out, "Let's hang out after this"

Mai was puzzled at his idea but nodded in agreement. She wanted to ask more but her father entered the room and all talking ceased as her father took his seat between herself and Huey.

"Tonight is a joyous occasion for us all. At last the threat of the Kurosawa clan ceases and my daughter returns," Mai's father says. To this there were claps and shouts of joy.
"And all of this would not be possible without the help of my daughter's ally, and a true hero to our clan, Huey Freeman. Let's enjoy ourselves tonight"

There were shouts of agreement as everyone began to eat. Mai gave small smiles to those she had eye contact with and looked down at her own food. As she ate, she noticed her father exchanging words with Huey. What are they talking about? She wondered. Mai continued on with eating; and halfway through her meal, she heard her father ask,