Chapter 8: Lunch

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN THE BOONDOCKS!!! JUST LEE/MAI AND THE OTHERS....

Kitty

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lee P.O.V

The bell rang for lunch period and I sighed with relief that English was over. Not that I disliked any of these classes, but I already know these things and I'm far more advanced than anyone in this class. As I packed my books in my bag, I felt a presence in front of me. I looked up to see a blonde with pig tails and orange brimmed glasses look down at me.

"Hello, I'm Tina. You're Lee, right?"

"Yeah, nice to meet you Tina"

"Um, have you been to your locker yet?"

"Yes, thanks,"

"Oh, okay"

I could tell by her actions and gestures that she was a loner. Not the Huey type. Even though I'd been here a couple of hours, I learned that Huey was really popular. No wonder he can be such the jerk. But for Tina, her eyes told me she was the isolated type.

"Can you show me where I can get some food?" I asked kindly. Her brown eyes lit up and she nodded. I got up and we walked together to the school cafeteria.

"Isn't it weird for you to be in a foreign place?"

"Not anymore. Some years ago, we had to move a lot because of my dad's work" Tina nodded as we entered the cafeteria.

"It's quite noisy"

"Yes. Most of the time, I spend lunch break in the library"

Tina bought herself a sandwich and some spaghetti while bought myself salad. We found an empty table in the corner of the room and settled down. I took out my juice box, punched a whole, and took a sip.

"Thanks for showing me here. My guide, Huey, was supposed to do what you did," I said.

"Huey Freeman?" she asked.

"Yeah, the guy who brought me to homeroom"

"You have to be careful though"

"Why should I, he's nothing more than a hothead"

"Not him. Jasmine and her posse"

"Why her? She seems sweet"

"Well she..." Tina was cut off by some whispers, gasps and fan girl squealing. We turned to see that all eyes were on Huey, who was looking around the cafeteria.

"I wonder why Huey's here," Tina said.

I shrugged and turned to my food and picked on the salad. Tina was nudging me slightly. I faced her and she was staring behind me. I moved around slightly to come face to face to the emotionless head boy.

"What do you want?" I asked Huey. He leaned down a bit so only Tina and I could catch his words.

"Football field in 15 minutes" And he walked away. Everyone in the cafeteria started talking about the scene while looking at me.

I shrugged and turned to a gaping Tina.

"What?"

"We're in trouble"

"Huh?" I said confused, as I felt another presence behind me. I was getting annoyed with the whole people behind me thing. Turning around (again), I was greeted by Jasmine and some girls.

"Hi Lee Dah," she said with a smile on her face, but her emerald eyes radiated death.

"Jasmine. Do you need something? And its Lee" I replied slightly annoyed.

"I was wondering, you being new and all, we should hang out more. I could be guide instead of Huey since he's super busy"

"Um, thanks but you shouldn't worry much. I'm okay"

"Oh. Then what were you and Huey talking about some minutes ago?"

I looked between the girls and smiled sweetly.

"Nothing you should worry yourself about. Just that I must follow rules. Right, Tina?" Tina nodded her head and looked down.

"Is that so, well then do take care of yourself and come to me if you need anything"

Jasmine smiled and walked away. I watched her group follow and saw one of the girls nod at somebody.

"We should go," Tina whispered. I nodded in agreement and finished my juice. Just as I got up, I heard some shuffling from another table. On instinct, I quickly took a silver tray and used it to protect Tina's face from getting hit with soggy mashed potatoes.

Silence filled the room as all eyes were on me. "Damn did you see dat?" someone shouted.

I took hold of a stunned Tina and dragged her out of the room. On our way to the field, I let go of her hand and faced her.

"Are you alright?" She nodded.

"That was... Th...thank you Lee," she stuttered, "No one has ever done that for me"

"Is that why you avoid the cafeteria?"

She nodded while facing the ground. I patted her shoulder and walked to the field, Tina trailing behind me.

"I should teach you self-defence some time. And you should walk with your chin up. That way, people don't look down on you" I mumbled. I heard a gasp and laughed.

A quick Riley P.O.V

"Damn did you see dat?" I shouted. We all watched the new girl drag Tina out the cafeteria. The guys on my table nodded.

"Whoever that chick is, she sure is grabbing attention," my friend Brandon commented. Alex, a blue-eyed dude from Huey's class, came to our table.

"Riley, how you doing?"

"Alex, if there's one thing you never do, is sit at our table?" Brandon sneered.

"Shut up, I'm talking to Riley," Alex growled

"Chill guys. It's ayt. Alex, long time man. Have a drink. Who's the broad?" I asked.

"New girl from South-Korea. Her name's Lee. She's in our class"

"No wonder she has Huey's attention. It's been a while since we had some girl drama," one guy smirked.

"Girl drama? Man is dat all you're worried about? Did you see her moves with the tray? Fast and all in Tina's face'" I smirked.

"All I know is there's more to the glasses. She may have a smart mouth, but when I get my hands on her..."Alex drooled.

We all 'ohhhh' and laughed at Alex. But Brandon's right, some fireworks are on their way.