Chapter 10: Fainted?

So how have yall been???

Sorry for not updating. Been busy bus busy..

Anyway, enjoy!

PS: YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE BOONDOCKS!!!!

______________________________________________________________________________

Lee P.O.V

As soon as Tina and I got back to the main building, the bell rang for after mid-day classes. I told Tina to go ahead without me while I took a turn into the girl's toilet. After making sure no one was in, I locked the main door behind me and opened a tap. I washed my face and stared at my reflection.

At the same time, I was also lost in thought in terms of my actions earlier today. I almost slipped up around Huey and Tina. Speaking Japanese instead of Korean. I made a few clicks to my watch and the blue holo-screen came up. "Show me a status report of my body's biochemistyr," I commanded. The screen flickered and split into two screens. On right screen, were the chemical levels of the watch. That's odd, I thought, there shouldn't be that much adrenaline, explains my behavior. I reduced the adrenaline levels, made a few changes here and there. And after one final look, I was perfect. I'd set a few changes to my personality. Am I really bad juvenile delinquent who is brave and seeks trouble? No.

I'm the respectable heiress of Clan Mizushima. Not only that, I'm the jewel of the clan, the youngest female samurai in my line. I knew my place, I knew myself. Not this fake. Not this façade called Lee.

No sooner had I finished, I left the toilets and headed for my locker. I wasn't worried about the quiz, just the venue of the classroom. Both my chaperons were probably there; and to top it off, I was the only one in the hallway. After grabbing the books I needed, I slammed my locker shut and rushed around looking for the class, I made a turn and bumped into another body and fell on my back side. I rubbed my lower back as an annoyed voice complained.

"What the hell, why don't you... wait a second, you're the new girl,"

"I'm so sorry" I said, mentally scolding myself. I offered him my hand; he took it and got up. I knelt down and gathered my books. Feeling the boy's eyes on me, I asked, "Is there something on my face?"

"Nah, ayt. So you're Lee right?"

"Who wants to know?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He chuckled a bit at my response, with his shoulders in sync with his laugh. The kid looked 16, African-American, and had a cornrow hairstyle. The more I looked at him, the more he looked familiar.

"Oo, you got a smart mouth. I like that. I'm Riley"

"Nice to meet you. I would love to stay and chat, but I have a class right now and I'm late"

"Where you headed to?"

I showed him my schedule and he led the way. As I followed Riley, I couldn't help but ask him if we met anywhere. Riley laughed a bit and answered,

"Can't tell can you?" I shook my head. Riley opened his mouth to answer when another voice interrupted him.

"Lee"

I looked up to see Huey, with his faceless expression and that's when it dawned to me.

"You're Huey's brother?"

Riley was about to answer when Huey spoke,

"Riley, get to your class"

I heard Riley curse under his breath as he walked past Huey and bumped their shoulders. After Riley turned around a corner, he grabbed a hold of my elbow and dragged me behind him.

"You're lucky it's your first day. Or Mr. Washington would have failed you," Huey hissed.

I kept my mouth shut because I was in no mood to pick up a fight. We entered the room just as the class was settling down for the quiz.

"Ah, Miss Kim, lovely of you to join us. Please take a seat" Mr. Washington said.

I moved swiftly to the nearest seat which happened to be next to Tina. The quiz we were having wasn't exactly a written one. Just mixing chemicals and testing for gases. Tina and I worked quickly and effortlessly. We testing our final gas when Tina asked me to get one more vile of hydro-peroxide. I grabbed one and headed back to her when a faint stench hit my nose making me loose balance. The vile slipped from my sweaty hand and the gas just worsened the situation.

I began to see many colors, and lost all feeling in my legs. Before I lost all my consciousness, I braced myself for the impact of the cold floor. But it never came...

Wonder why.