Chapter 18- Too Turnt Circe

Start from the beginning

Like yours truly.

He slammed his fist into the wall, startling me out of my running commentary and making my eyes widen. I needed to remember he was a big man with terrible anger issues.

"I hope you enjoy MMA club."

It would have been welcoming if not for the fact that he was smiling when he said it. And in that moment, I knew, Nikhil smiling was just like when death stared down at you as you breathe your last breaths, fighting pathetically as you tried to live. It was the kind of smile that inspired sadism, the kind of smile where you knew he would rip your heart out and eat it if he had the chance. Okay, maybe that was going a bit far- but the point is there.

He pushed the door open into the large hall floor, the sound of thumps and grunts making me cringe. Regret rang clear in my ears and a low sound of evil satisfaction rumbled. It was Nikhil's laugh, of course. He turned his handsome head into the room, halting a movement with a single look.

What had I just called him again? A little bitch?

Nice.

His throat cleared. "Guys. We have a new manager. "

A round of hoots came from the room- all excited and all distinctly male.

Nikhil gave me a look, one that said 'you're fucked.' But everyone knows, a girl or boy should never get fucked without their consent- and in this case, I didn't give consent.

Steeling my spine and pulling my backpack tight over my pikachu hood ie, I pushed past him and strode into the room, inwardly gagging at the smell of sweat. Around twenty men stood, shirtless and panting heavily. If I didn't know this was a sports club, I may have assumed something very different was going on.

I stood with my legs apart, my cheeto socks proudly on display over my white low cut converse. A true alpha, if there ever was one.

"Wass up, bitches. I'm the new head dick here, so if you actually want to go somewhere in your masturbation, right hand filled lives, you'll listen to me. "
Hopefully my voice sounded more confident than my thoughts did- because I wanted to piss myself. And not in a sexual way. A floppy haired guy at the back of the room scoffed, and my attention whipped to him. I threw my backpack on the floor then pointed at him menacingly.

"You, High School Musical, what're you laughing at?"

A round of snickers erupted and the boy stopped cold.

"No, Westlife, keep laughing. Just tell me why."

A guy started outright laughing next to me, and I strained to see Nikhil's reaction. He was just staring, an extremely eerie expression blanking his face.

The boy spoke up. "who do you think you are? We're a martial arts club for Christ's sake, not some girly manicurist club."

I mock laughed. "Oh really, N Sync? Care to elaborate more on your obviously academic thoughts?"

He walked forward a bit, growing more confident. "we've had female managers before and it doesn't work out. All you want to do is fuck Nikhil or one of us, or just try to make this club less MMA and more PDA. You can't just fucking walk in here and think you're the shit just because you're a girl. We like this club the way it is. And my name is Tom. "

I nodded solemnly," Okay One Direction. But who said I wanted to fuck any of you, much less your leader? " I glanced back at the man in question, sighing disappointedly. " Besides he acts too masculine in a way that screams over compensation. "

Running a hand through my hair which was clean for once, i took a breath and addressed everyone.

" I'm not here to change anyone. I'm also not here to fuck anyone, I'm sorry, I know you were all looking forward to that. But I am here because I have no other choice or I get kicked off the Honours roll, which is something I need. I want to make the best of this and not just let it be something I'm forced to do."

Scratching the back of my head, I looked down  at the ground, embarrassment filling me. "I've never really had friends before and a this is new to me. Nikhil isn't very welcoming and we're dorm mates. I just want to have fun, have friends and be happy here. I'm sorry for what I said before, I just wanted you all to pay attention to me so I could say this. "
My head stayed lowered, heart beating anxiously before I felt shadows come in a circle around me. I looked up and met the wide smiles of all the men in the club.

" You're Circe right? Welcome to the club, and to our friendship! " They all started introducing themselves eagerly, giving me their phone numbers and comforting gestures. My eyes found Nikhil over the people, and my lips tugged up into a smile.

Even if he didn't want me here, I would still come.

I had new friends.