Chapter Eight

Week after week things have been getting better with Lucien. We have finally finished his work, more come in, but we get it done quickly. We've been spending a lot of time in my garden at Rhysand and Feyre's town house. I unofficially, officially moved in with Lucien, so we aren't apart. Although the one thing that hasn't changed is the affection. We cuddle, hug, hold hands, kiss, makeout and even do a little body roaming, but no inappropriate touching. I'm not sure what he wants, but I know I want more.

Today I told him I wanted to stay back at the apartment and relax instead of going with him to a meeting with the emissary from the Winter Court. He woke me up this morning with tender caresses and sweet kisses all over my face. Before he left I helped him cook a breakfast that could feed two of us each!

I have something special planned for him. It's a little cliché, but I want tonight to be amazing, to be perfect. Flower pedals are everywhere, our room dimly lit by a few candles. In our room I sit on the bed wearing a small, but modest for others, lacy thing. I send a tug down the bond, urging him home. Home to me. Ten minutes later he has winnowed into our bedroom, immediately asking if I am okay, but stops in the middle of his sentence, as he takes in the room. His eyes widen. His gold eye whirling and clicking, whirling and clicking, his jaw gone slack. I bite my lip shyly and rub my legs together, his eyes track the movement.

"Welcome home, Lucien." my voice doesn't come out nearly as sexy as I wanted it to, instead it's quiet. He stands in his place, not moving an inch towards me, so I make the move. I stand, slowly walking the 7 feet between us, running my hands over the planes of his clothed torso and chest. 

"Elain." his voice is hoarse, he doesn't touch me.

 "Mmmm?" I look up at him through lowered lashes, my hands trembling, he will be my first. 

"Are you sure about this? I don't want you to feel like this is something I have to have. I can wait until you're ready." he holds my hand to his chest, his hands trembling also, the first touch of him. 

"I am sure. I want this with you Lucien..." I give a nervous giggle. "I'm the one standing here in a lacy thing." he swallows hard, hands sliding to my hips, clutching the fabric in his fist.

He dips his head down towards mine, and I lean up to meet his soft lips. He holds my body against his, I slide my hands in his silky hair, standing on my tip toes. He captures my lower lip with his teeth, pulling on it gently, which draws a gasp out of me. "Elain." his voice is low and husky, hands sliding down my back, brushing my bum, cupping the back of my thighs, picking me up, pulling my legs around his waist. I throw my arms around his neck, kissing him passionately, with a want, a need, a desire. His hands cup my ass, holding me up.

As we kiss I feel all the pent up desire explode. I ball his hair in my fist, teeth, tongues, and lips clashing as I start unbuttoning his tunic, tossing it off his arms. He gently lays me on the sheets, crawling over me, my hands immediately diving under his shirt, my legs falling open for him to lay between. He pulls back to look in my eyes, his hands wandering my body, my bare legs, under my lacy thing, resting one on my ribs, the other on my hip. His eyes bore into me and he gently lowers his lips onto mine. "I love you Elain." his words are tender, fingers tracing my ribs. 

My eyes widen. "I... Lucien I love you too." 

His smile brightens our dim room, and his hips press against mine, I take off his under shirt, tossing it on the floor. My hands roam over his muscled back, his mouth dipping to my neck, kissing and sucking on my skin, I tilt my head to the side giving him access to my skin. He starts raising my lacy thing, his callouses scraping against my skin. He takes off the scrappy piece of lace, leaving me completely bare. He pulls back to take in my entire body with his eyes, sucking in a breath. "You're breath taking." his lips brush against my breast, sending chills over my skin. I arch my body up to press against him, one of my hands digging into his back, the other holding his head to my chest.

The night is spent in ecstasy. His lips and body worshiping mine in way I never thought possible. It didn't hurt as much as I anticipated. Before all of this I had a few polite kisses and a few passionate ones with Greyson, but nothing ever got as far as a kiss, or hand holding. Lucien and I lay in bed,  our panting filling the room. His head rests on my chest. "Did you mean what you said earlier?" his breath tickles my chest, the blankets covering us. 

I blink and shift so our faces are close together. "Of course I did. I've wanted to say it for a while. I wouldn't just say it if I didn't mean it." I cup his face in my hands, brushing my lips against his. "I love you." I whisper, kissing his lips. He smiles, wrapping my arms around me, holding my bare body against his, his warmth seeping into me.

We spend the night pressed against one another, giving one another loving strokes and kisses. Thoughts run through my head about the mating bond between us. He hasn't mentioned a single word about it, hasn't pressured me to talk of it, to make a decision. We do use the bond for communication and tugs, but that's all. Even though we are a couple there is still a small void in my chest where the bond I assume would be in place. We could live in a place where we ignore the bond, but what good would that do? It would hurt Lucien. Hell it would hurt me. 

        As I look at Lucien's now sleeping face, so happy and at ease, the decision is made. A smile crosses my lips, and I cradle his head to my chest, running my hands through his hair. I am going to accept the bond with Lucien.