Epilogue

My nerves bundle up in my stomach as I stand in a busy room with my bridesmaids and my daughter. I look at myself in the mirror and take it all in. My dress is made of the softest velvet, the white fabric long, flowing behind me, the long fitted sleeves also bare my shoulders a sweetheart neckline revealing a modest amount of cleavage. My hair is pinned elaborately with silver combs, two little curls framing my face. The girls bustle around me, fussing with my veil and train, trying to tame my daughters unruly red hair. I can't think of any of the chaos when all I can think of is the male I am about to marry, my Lucien. 

Two years ago we went to a temple similar to this one and had a mating ceremony, but no wedding. We had been too caught up in becoming mates we didn't even think about becoming husband and wife. Before our daughter was born he proposed, and very soon after that we got the news that I was with child. We had postponed getting married until we were able to settle into our new home and take care of our daughter, but she is two now and well...it has been long enough.

We planned for a spring wedding, but moved it up to a mid-winter wedding so my dress wasn't so out of place because I absolutely fell in love with this dress. I wring my hands in front of me, my heart pounding against my ribcage. I'm ready to run out there and marry him, but we still have a few more minutes until it's time to go out there. I feel a tug on the side of my dress and look down to see my daughter, Tulip. She looks nothing like me save for her nose and her big brown eyes.

Her hair sticks up everywhere in unruly red curls, never being tamed. I smile down at her and sit down on a stool to kiss her head. "Is everything okay my Tulip?" Her dress is pink tulle with splashes of a light purple. 

She holds her arms out to me, and I pick her up, sitting her in my lap, folding her into my chest. She rubs her eyes in a tired manner and yawns. "I seepy mommy." her voice is quiet and slow. She didn't have a nap today since we had to get her ready for the wedding.

Tucking a strand of red hair behind her pointed her, I rock her soothingly. "Oh, I know my little flower. Just a little longer and Uncle Azzy can take you home for a nap." I smooth down her dress and kiss the top of head.

 She nods and perks up a bit. She takes my cheeks in her tiny hands and smiles at me cutely. "You look vewy pwetty mommy." she leans in, puckering her lips, I do the same, and she gives me a wet smooch, when she pulls away we both say "MWAH" really loud. She giggles and lets my cheeks go. 

"Thank you my girl. So do you." I boop her nose and I see Mor come to a screeching stop in my peripheral. 

"What are you doing! You cant smudge my masterpiece! No no no!" She snatches up Tulip and I giggle to myself, whether she is talking about me or Tulip I'm not sure.

The time comes where two grand doors of black obsidian stand before me. Everyone else has gone down the aisle, now I am just waiting for my queue. My palms are sweating and blood roars in my ears, my knees trembling. When the queue comes, the grand doors swing open on a phantom wind, and I take my first look down the aisle.

Lucien stands at the end of the alter, his fiery red hair loose around his chest, wearing a lovely black jacket. The music starts to play and everyone stands up, all eyes turning towards me. Colorful flowers liter the aisle, that Tulip had expertly spread. As I meet Luciens eyes and it's like there is no one else around us, I hear no sounds other than the loud thrumming of my heart, he sends a loving caress down the bond to calm my nerves. It's just me and Lucien. I start walking towards him slowly, clutching the bouquet of lilacs in my sweaty hands, the stems digging into my palms. His eyes are glued to me, taking in the hair, the dress, the veil, and me. I can see tears well up in his eyes which cause my eyes to burn, becoming slightly blurry. As I finally reach him, I swallow back my tears, sniffling, he holds out a hand to me, and I grab it, holding it fiercely. His skin is warm against mine as his fingers thread through mine. I hand the bouquet to Feyre and face Lucien fully.

I stare in his eyes that are so full of love, full of happiness as friends and family now take their seats. The priestess in pale blue robes starts the ceremony. She talks of rebirth and love, the bond between two souls. On and on she goes. When it finally gets to the vows I repeat after her, having previously agreed with Lucien to do the traditional vows instead of our own "I, Elain Archeron, take thee Lucien to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for better or for worse; for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish from this day forward until death do us part." 

He smiles at me squeezing my hands. I stroke his hands and hold back the tears threatening my eyes. "Now Lucien would like to share his own vows." the priestess says. My eyes widen as I look at Lucien.

He gives me a sly smile and steps a bit closer, so our bodies are mere inches apart, his eyes burning into mine with an intensity that sets my heart aflame and fills my chest with love, his hands sliding to my arms and mine sliding to his hips. "My Elain," he breathes. "you haven't always been dealt with the fairest of cards, and I haven't either. We were thrown at each other at the worst of moments, but from the moment I saw you, you took my breath away. Even though we had been thrust upon one another I couldn't help but feel attached to you. I knew you knew nothing of me, and most likely wanted nothing to do with me, but I wanted to see you just once to see if it was worth it. If you were worth fighting for." tears roll down both of our cheeks and he starts stroking my arms.

"You are and always will be worth fighting for. When you asked me to come back to Velaris after the war ended, I was overjoyed. You, my mate asked me to stay. As time went by we got closer. So so much closer. I was willing to just be your friend if that was what you wished, as long as you were in my life. As long as you allowed me to be a part of your life. As long as you were happy. That was good enough for me. Accepting the bond was everything I had hoped for and more. Not everyone marries their mate, but I have the blessing of getting to marry mine. To not only have the bond we built together, but to have a bond that connects our souls... it's more than I could have ever asked for. I love you Elain. I loved you then. I love you now, and I'll love you forever." his grip on my arms tighten, he leans down, and kisses me. I clutch his jacket in my fists, pressing against him, kissing him hard, kissing him passionately.

All of the sounds drown from my ears as we kiss. The kiss so intense, so passionate, so full of love there has never been, and never will be another kiss like it again. As we start to slow the kiss, it becomes tender and I hear the priestess say "I now pronounce you man and wife. Give a hand to Mrs. and Mr. Archeron." 

We pull away from one another, smiling and  wiping the tears from both of our cheeks. We turn to the cheering crowd of friends and family. Lucien sweeps me into his arms bridal style. We both blow a quick kiss to Tulip, and I wrap my arms around my beautiful husband as he carries me towards the rest of our lives.