-fourteen-

Manuelle's P.O.V.

I lift up my hands towards to the hospital windows, seeing my mom smiling and waving back at me. She is getting better and I'm glad, but I'm worried about telling Ethan what's really happening. I really can't say it, especially now when he feels like this.

I enter the bus thinking about last night and Ethan, what reminds me that I should probably text him. My mom noticed my foot was hurt but I made an excuse that I did it this morning before taking her to hospital.

As i unlock my phone, I see 3 unread messages from my brother, Ethan and Nina.

Today, 09.35

Annoying bro :P : did u take mom to hospital

Me: yeah, you can do it too sometimes you know

Today, 09.14

Ethan♥: when should i be there

Me: in 45 mins:) im not even home yet

Today, 10.04

Bbyg Nina: hey ken yu come over haven't seen u in a lil while

Me: im going out w eth but be at dolan's house at like 8?

Bbyg Nina: ohh okay

Me: :) see ya

--------------------------------------------

I enter my house and I pick an outfit for our date. I was pretty excited about this, about the thought of spending more time with him, about the thought that i actually meant something to him.

When I asked how should I dress Ethan said 'Sweater weather', knowing I love The Neighborhood and their song named the same - so here I am wearing a sweater.

I brush my long hair and spray some perfume that Nina gave me for Christmas. I remember that once Ethan said he adored that scent and Nina was proud of herself that 'she picked a perfume that makes him adore me too.' I laugh at the thought and run to the kitchen so I can eat some cereal I made before.

He should be there in 10 minutes and I think I got ready pretty quick, plus I'm so nervous what usually makes me slower, but I'm also very excited at the thought of seeing his beautiful hazel eyes again. 

While I'm eating I think about my previous thoughts - where is this thing with Ethan leading to? I hope I won't end up disappointed or hurt this time; but it helps me a lot knowing I'm not alone, that there's someone with me. 

I somehow still feel empty though. It's a bit different than the thing I felt until now, but I guess I'll find out - also, Ethan can't just fill up all of the holes that have been there for years.

My phone rings and interrupts me from my thoughts and I see Ethan said that he's almost here. 

I put away what I just ate and wash my teeth hoping that toothpaste won't get on my sweater.

I turn off the water and I run to the hallway, I grab my sneakers and I hear someone's car pulling up.

I run to my doors and exit the house, locking it and putting the keys in my backpack. I turn around to a smiling Ethan with a beanie on, leaning against his car.

'Ready?' he asks me and I nod my head. We enter the car and he tells me that we will go to a café first, and then we'll go to this special place. I find out I'm the first person, except Grayson, that he took there.

Time flies as we talk more - about food, music, school, we even talked about bubblegums. I felt so comfortable around him, and this was all hitting me at once.

I feel the car slowing down and we're right next to the café Ethan was talking about. We enter it and order two milkshakes. Ethan took his beanie off of his head and his phone after the waitress left. I get closer to him to fix his soft hair a little and he just smiles crazily at me.

'I'm gonna quickly let Gray know where I am, excuse me' he says and I hod my head.

I start admiring his face. Dark, pointy eyebrows, a freckle right next to his eye, his hazel eyes hiding behind those long eyelashes. I admire his cute little nose, his plump pinkish-orange lips, his sharp jawline.

'Take a picture, it'll last longer' Ethan says, still looking at his phone.

I take my phone and take a picture of him.

He looks at me confused and I wiggle my eyebrows at him, then I glue my eyes to the screen, looking at this beautiful picture I just took

Ethan laughs at how silly I was.

'I didn't expect that' he says still lightly giggling. God his giggles were just too adorable.

'I know you didn't' I smirk at him.

Waitress brings us our milkshakes that were soon in our stomachs. Time was really flying when I was with him. I felt so relaxed through the day.

Soon, we were on our way to that special place that turned out to be a little beach at the end of the forest, looking at the beautiful sunset. Before I could even admire it, he comes up to me, handing me a little yellow bag.

'This is where I came after we saw each other in our history class. I would usually go here with Gray when we were fourteen. That day something made me come here, I relaxed so much.' I open the bag and there was a dark blue stone, tied so it can be a necklace.

'I found the stone on this bench. I immediately thought of you when I saw it that day, even though I didn't even know you. I want you to have it and remember me whenever you look at it. Remember that you ain't alone' he says and he puts a necklace around my neck.

'It's beautiful and meaningful Eth. Thank you so much.' I smile being completely amazed by this magical day. Ethan returns the smile.

'Remember the butterfly we drew?' I ask him and he nods.

'You made it more than halfway there.' I smile once again, letting my lips touch his, waves of this strange, unbelievably good feeling rushing through me.

*************

1000 words