“If I’m being completely honest, I haven’t really thought about it”, I answered genuinely. “I’ve never planned that far ahead anyways and if this year has taught me anything then it’s to expect the unexpected.”

Camila seemed ok with that answer and I felt her lips pressing against my temple and eyebrow again before pulling away. I smiled gratefully at her affection started stroking her side. Looking down, I saw that her stomach was a little exposed. Instinctively, I wandered further down and traced her abs lightly.

“Maybe…”, I whispered now while my eyes were fixed on my hand caressing the soft skin. “…I do have an idea what we could do after Italy or next year in general. It would be a shame because it would involve you losing those abs and also gaining a few pounds.”

I looked up carefully and let my palm rest on top of her stomach in hopes she would understand what I meant. The brown orbs seemed confused at first before she apparently realized what I meant. We had talked about it before but I wasn’t sure if she wanted to make such plans right now.

“Little Lauren?”, Camila’s voice was shaky but full of affection when she asked cautiously. The amount of tenderness in her eyes was threatening to choke me up.

“Yeah…or little Camila”, I breathed softly.

“Are you sure?”, the younger one was seemingly unsure if I really wanted it.

“I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life”, I gave back sincerely. “If there’s anything in this world, that we’ll never get back then it’s time. And I don’t want to waste any more of it by focusing on things that aren’t even that important to me anymore. I’m not saying that I’m never going to make music again but I can’t wait for our life together when all of this is done.”

The other woman looked teary-eyed and bit her lower lip. I loved seeing her like that because she seemed to be glowing at my words and so I decided to keep going.

“I want you to get fat and moody”, I chuckled and heard her giggle mildly. “And you’ll get even weirder food cravings than you already have…which is pretty impossible but it will be interesting to see, that’s for sure. You will curse me out when I get the wrong food for you. I want to stroke your stomach like this”, my voice softened as I touched the mentioned body part in a tender manner again. “And know that our baby is in there. I want to feel it kick at some point and I will spend an annoying amount of time just talking and singing to your belly, I’m warning you ahead of time.”

I met the warm shade of brown in her eyes once more and saw how touched she was. The brown color was glanced over with a glistening shimmer because she was close to tears. For a second I thought I might have said something wrong but she bent down and connected our lips in a kiss that made my heart burst. There was so much love in that gesture we exchanged a lot. Her lips were almost quivering against mine and I used my hand to cup her cheek. I heard the younger one inhaling deeply after the kiss.

“You have no idea what you’re doing to me when you talk this, do you?”, Camila breathed against my lips as she was still so very close.

“I’m just saying that’s what I would want to do after Italy but…we can always do something else if you don’t want to”, I obviously teased now because it was apparent that she liked the idea of us starting our own family next year. My voice sounded a bit more tired and I felt the fatigue returning unfortunately. Even keeping up a little conversation like this took up strength these days. She laughed quietly but placed another soft kiss on my lips.

“I think your plan sounds perfect…except for the part of me being fat and moody”, she giggled once more and made me laugh as well. The slender body cuddled up to me again and I closed my eyes to relax. I couldn’t help myself but start daydreaming, and eventually actually dreaming, about what that future of us would look like.