Chapter 28

My head was spinning from the discovery I had made in Camila’s bag. Obviously, I wasn’t too unfamiliar with drugs but I had never been keen on prescription drugs. Not that the illegal substance I had taken was any better. I sighed quietly when we left the apartment to make our way to the airport. Putting on black beanie and sunglasses, I wanted to try and keep a low profile, although that was almost impossible these days. I hadn’t looked at too much in the media since Camila had sent the picture of us for the entire world to see. Chelsea kept me updated and it was apparent, the interest in our relationship was enormous from my fans and old Fifth Harmony fans. The usual amount of hate was a given but I was used to that. As long as it didn’t influence the younger woman’s life too much, I was happy with finally telling the truth.

As my driver pulled into the airport, I saw swamps of paparazzi storming in our direction and I felt my heart beating faster.

“Shit”, I mumbled because I was somewhat used to it but I was concerned for Camila. Looking over to her, she seemed a little overwhelmed and I told my driver to try and get us as close to the doors as possible. The airport staff and security helped us and made it easier for Camila and I to even get out of the car. That annoying, clicking sound from all the cameras was not getting to me anymore; neither were the flashes. But I hated the way some of them talked to me. I had never signed up to be berated and there had been moments where I took things to heart.

As soon as we got out of the car and they discovered Camila, it was mayhem. Everyone wanted the first shot of us and started yelling. The security was much needed at that point and I grabbed Camila’s hand and held my head down, trying to rush through the doors. One of the paparazzi was aggravating me to a point, where I just wanted to punch him. He kept whistling and said we should give them a hot, little lesbian show. My temper was flaring up when I saw him harassing the light-haired woman and stopped in my tracks to step in front of her.

“Get the hell away from her!”, I said furiously but he seemed even more excited now, when I stood right in front of his camera. I snapped. My hand pushed his camera down with all the strength I had in me. It almost dropped to the floor but he managed to save it. All the other photographers were clicking away.

“Hey, you broke my camera”, he exaggerated because nothing was broken; unfortunately.

“I’m gonna break your fucking face next”, I hissed and felt someone pulling me away.

“Lauren, stop. Let’s go”, Camila’s soft voice said and dragged me with her.

That alone, made me realize what I was doing and I joined the younger one in getting to our plane. My hands were still shaking from the anger I had felt just now. I had gotten so good at this in time but with Camila being there, the protective side in me was becoming some sort of bodyguard. We finally reached the designated area for us to board the private plane. The airport staff apologized several times for the ambush but I told them it wasn’t their fault.

I took a seat on the window when we were on the plane and threw my beanie and sunglasses somewhere on the floor. My little freak out would end up on TMZ and every other stupid blog and I knew it. I immediately regretted it because people were going to talk even more about me and therefore Camila. The brown-eyed took a seat next to me and put her hand on my cheek so I would face her.

“Are you ok?”, she asked concerned.

“Yeah, sorry about that. I don’t know what happened”, I sighed. “I didn’t mean to go off like that.”

“Don’t apologize. We knew this was going to happen. I just wish they weren’t as aggressive”, she said.

“Are you ok?”, I asked the same question because I was way more worried about her.