The Rooms (Part 2)

RICKY

For the second time tonight, I was in pure shock at what the people I thought I knew, were revealing about themselves.

Clearly I didn't know what I had gotten myself into. First, Julissa, my ex-girlfriend whom I cheated on and haven't spoken to in years, invites me to her party. 

Then, I find out I was invited to help her out on a crazy mission involving her best friends.

Finally, she reveals that she is pregnant. With Evan's baby.

Crazy.

Evan
You're what!? Baby are you serious? Why didn't you tell me this before?

Nancy
I don't believe this...

Evan
I think I'm going to be sick.

Wiping the shock on my face, I started typing again:

Ender
Julissa's room is now safe. It will unlock after Evan shares his secret. There are only 30 seconds left on the clock until we release the spiders.

That's right. I, Ricky Wellbury, am the great 'Ender'.

Julissa
Oh stop being so dramatic. Don't act like you don't know how it happened.

Evan
But, baby you had alcohol!!!

Nancy
And your pills...

Julissa
Tick tock...spider clock...

Nancy
I'm going to faint.

Evan
I...

Ender
The spiders have been released.

A shrill yell could be heard coming from one of the rooms. I chuckled lightly and continued following the conversation.

Nancy
I'm shaking...they're all over my hair. Evan say something!

Julissa
This is all your fault Evan! Fix it, and do it now! The spiders are crawling on every part on my body.

Evan
Julissa...Please don't be mad at me...It has to do with Nancy...

Julissa
What is it? What are you talking about?

Nancy
Evan do NOT do this. She is clearly unstable right now...

Julissa
What!?

Ender
There is only three minutes left until the toxic gas fills your rooms.

Nancy
Oh my God! Evan tell us your secret. Just not that one.

Julissa
No. The instructions from this Ender person were clear.

Julissa
The secret MUST be something you wish the others not to know.

Evan
Just don't be mad...

Julissa
Seriously? What did you do that was so bad that you are willing to kill us all for it?

Ender
Only two minutes left on the clock.

Nancy
Please talk. I want to get out of this insanity.

Evan
Honestly... I don't want to do this.

Ender
The toxic valves have been initialized. Commencing countdown for release. 60...59...58...

Nancy
This is it. We're all going to die.

Ender
Evan has the power to save you all.

Julissa
Evan do you want to kill our baby!?

Evan
No!

Julissa
Then tell us your secret.

Ender
45...44...43...

Nancy
If anyone make it out alive, tell my parents that I love them.

Julissa
Nancy stop being dramatic. Evan? Are you there?

Ender
30...29...28...

Evan
I feel like we need to take a break. 

Julissa
Really. Why?

Evan
That is not important right now...When we get out of here, I will explain everything. I promise.

Evan
...

Evan
I shared my secret. Why aren't the doors unlocking!?

Julissa
You need to tell us why.

Ender
15...14...13...

Nancy
This is crazy. Ender unlock our doors now!

Ender
The instructions were clear...7...6...5...

Evan
Okay okay! It's because lately you are always being so...dramatic. That's also why I wanted to take you on that trip...to determine if I still really wanted to be with you.

Evan
And...

Julissa
And what?

Evan 
I also wanted Nancy there. So that if things got crazy between us, someone would be able to understand my frustration.

That boy truly had a death wish. He had no idea who was sitting beside and fell straight into her trap. Shaking my head for the second time that night, I pressed the button to stop the countdown.

Ender
Valve initialization has been overruled. Your rooms have been unlocked. You may exit now.

Nancy
I'm out! Wait...

Nancy
I see someone...It's Evan!

Evan
Julissa...where are you? Are you okay?

Julissa
...

Julissa
I'd like to share another secret.

Julissa
I'm the one who's behind all of this :).

I sat there for a minute, kind of regretting the way I scared Evan and Nancy.  Turning to Julissa, who's been pretending to be locked in a room like her friends, I asked "So what now?"

"Now," she started, "I confront them. Hand me the gun."

I looked at her with my mouth wide open, "You're not going to use it right...?" I said, as I handed her the cool metal instrument.

She looked at me dead in the eye and offered me a devilish smile. She took the gun from my hands and gently kissed me on my cheek before exiting the room.

And for the first time tonight, I was scared.

Little did I know that I would have a good reason to be.