Chapter 10

She promise herself that she would never ever leave Marco’s side. Which was something Marco had not count with. To have the little human girl stuck at him for three days was not like he had planned. Each time Luke got closer did she whine and almost began to cry. It clearly broke Luke’s heart, but then again Marco was a little selfish there and thought it was just right. After all he was the one breaking the trust. He only had himself to blame since he was the one that had promise her everything and then turned his back at her. So Marco could understand her part but still having her stuck at him was starting to make things hard. She didn’t even wanted to sleep by herself when the evening came. He needed to make something about this. Marco would soon go back to work and by then should he be able to leave Molly with Luke. At least for a few hours. That wasn’t really working and he had notice that Molly had sunk deeper into the human’s little mind. Luke had read about it. She would need some extra care. It was bedtime for her and Molly had got herself dressed into a nice pink nightdress.

“Molly, what is the matter with you?” He asked as he laid down with her in his own bed. “You was not like this before.”
Molly shook her head. “I don’t want to be good anymore.”
Not good?
“Why not? We like when you are good.”
“But good girls doesn’t go to stay anywhere. Lukie didn’t want me and me was good.Very good.”

So there was the real problem. Marco knew it! But to have her admit it was much better than him telling it.
“Sweetie, look at me.” He pulled her up so she was laying on his stomach instead. “You know Luke is very, very sad he had to leave you in for a few days. But it was only that he needed to finish a huge pile of work. He never left you there… I promise.”
“Really?” Her eyes were smaller and scanning his face. “Why did he not say?”
“He must have forgot and he was so angry when he saw that the auction had put you up for sale…”

Molly looked at him for a very long time without saying anything. She stared for so long that he started to doubt that she believed him. It was just a pretty little white lie that would hurt no one and make things better between them two. Or he hope. Then without a warning was Molly quick to get off Marco. She ran to the door and got out.
“Hey, where are you going?” Marco asked and got after the little girl. She was quick now then her ankle was no longer hurting. He saw her run to the stairs and Marco used his vampiric speed to catch her before she got to the first step.
“No! No running in the stairs.” He marked and took a hold of her arm. “Where are you heading, Molly. It’s bedtime.”

She shook her head. “No, I must find Daddy.” Molly said and moved to get her arm free.
“He is not home, you know that.”
“Why?”
“He is working.”
“Why?”
“Because he has to.” How did you explain that you would have to work when none wanted that really? “Come on, Molly. Bedtime.”
“No!”
“No fussing now, come on.” Still she did everything she could to get away from Marco. He didn’t had time for this. Who knew a overtired little human could be so much work? “Calm down now, bedtime. Luke will be here tomorrow.”
He took her into her own bedroom and laid her down in her own bed.
“Then will I wait!”
“Darling he will come home in middle of the night and then should little girls be sleeping…” Marco tired. “Come on, lay down and I will read you a story?”
“NO!” She screamed loudly.

Marco looked at the clock. 23:47… Molly refused to fall asleep and to his luck would Luke soon come home. She was in her own bed, but he could still hear her sob upstairs. He had tried everything he could think of but none seemed to help. Marco had never been this glad to see Luke step through the door as he was now.
“Finally.” He breathed out.
Of course looked Luke confused at him.
“Molly nee…”
Luke had already swished by him and was upstairs when Marco finish the sentence.

Molly pulled her arms around his neck and held tight in a hug. “Daddy! Me so sorry… like me?”
Luke held her close and moved to sit on her bed with her in his lap. “Daddy loves you, darling.”