The Vacay #23

" How many ways can I say that I need you baby it's true. I think I might die without you"

Senoj

I watched the clock tick while tapping my fingers on my lap. I was eager, or nervous I couldn't tell the difference. We had been sitting in this airport for hours. I was nervous from the moment we walked in. I had never been on a plan before.

To make things worse the airport had to delay our flight. Apparently the plane was having technically difficulties. The fact that we had been here for two extra hours had me on edge I was already ready, ready to throw up just thinking about flying. Now they tell me somethings wrong with the plane. I'll walk to California.

Akim glanced over at me "Calm down baby, this happens all the time."

I frowned "All the time?"

"Yeah."

"See nope." I said standing to my feet ready to head for the door.

He chuckled grabbing my hand. "Girl sit down."

"No this is not funny Akimed if we die i'm gonna kill you I swear." I whined slumping down in my seat.

He frowned and busted out laughing. "How you gonna kill me if we already dead?"

I smiled "I got connections."

His head turned "Them connections better be female."

I grinned "Ok.."

"Ight, keep playin." he said

"No for real Akim I need some sleeping medicine or something so if we die i'll be sleep." I spoke nodding my head at that idea.

"You not about to take no drugs, stop acting like a baby nothings going to happen."

"Don't try to act like i'm tryna go shoot up some drugs fat head boy. I just want some NyQuil." I pointed out.

"It's not night time. Deal with it." he shrugged.

I thumped him in the head causing him shift in his seat and frown over at me.

"You so childish."

"And your old."

"Fat forehead girl"

"Fart lip boy"

"Suck my-" he started before I cut him off.

"Ouu say it and I'm gone tell yooo moma" I said pointing kidishly.

He sighed scratching his head.

Just then over the intercome we heard our flight being called.

My heart dropped.

"Come on love it's going to be alright. I got you." Akimed cooed grabing me by my hand.

I calmed down and followed him.

*****

"Look at you looking retarded." Akim teased me.

My eyes opened wide "That is so mean!"

He paused looking at me with a straight face "O..k".

We both bust out laughing causing every one in the airport to glance at us.

We retrieved our luggage and proceeded to find Akimed's cousin.

Seeing so many people in one place made my skin crawl.

Finally spotting a guy through the crowd I followed Akimed in that direction. The guy resembled Akim to a certain extent and it was actually pretty weird. The only family of Akim I had ever seen was his brother and Mom. To see another face that resemble him so closely was new. I was anxious for the days ahead.

Me and Akim stopped and he engulfed his cousin into a brotherly hug. "What's up man look at you I see you been working out" Akimed teased his cousin.

" Yeah bro and I see you snagged a beauty, didn't know you had it in you."

I felt a little out of place considering the fact that I was mostly introvert.

Hakeem stopped and looked at me "Jackson this is Senoj my girlfriend slash wife, slash bestfriend, slash future babies muva, slash ride or die, slash everything, slash-"

Jackson stopped him "Slow down cuz I get it your in love, must be nice. I still haven't got a call back from a homeless lady I gave my number to."

We all laughed.

"Let's get to the house you know how Grams will be if we come late to dinner and she's so ready to meet Senoj. Just to warn you" he turned to me "Don't curse in front of old lady."

"She still does that?" Akim questioned looking at Jackson with bucked eyes.

" Sure does she thinks She can still wash folks moufs out." Jackson snickered shaking his head as we walked with our luggage toward the exit.

"Well I don't do to much cursing anyway so I'll be fine." I said more to reassure myself.

*******

"My sweet baby" I short plump women cried as soon as we entered the two story brick built home.

She took Akimed in her arms and rocked him back in forth as tears rolled from her eyes.

"I've missed you grams" Akim smiled "And you look beautiful as always."

"Thank you son, and who might this young lady be" she questioned.

Akim turned to me with a big grin plastered on his face "This is my lovely girlfriend Senoj, Senoj this is my grandma Patty."

Patty smiled hard and embrace me in the biggest hug I have ever received. I knew from that very moment I liked her. Her whole vibe screamed kindness ,love, and peace. And by the smell floating through the house she also screamed good food. On Cue my stomach growled.

She looked down at my stomach and then at Akim "Now I good and well you did not, not feed this poor child. Come on honey she spoke grabbing my hand "Let's get you fed and then I'll show you to your room."

As she dragged me off toward the kitchen I glanced back at Akim he waved at me and turned to talk to his cousin. So far things were off to a good start. I was ready to go to a few beaches, meet more family members and get fat from all the food that I will consume.

~REES~
VOTE/COMMENT

Woah I Haven't Updated in Months...I honestly have no excuse but the fact that I lost passion for this plot.