Tired #2

"Tired of sleeping on the floors...I wanna be rich..."

                                     ~Agusta Alsina & Kirko Bangz~

{Senoj's POV}

Two days later...

"Can I get two of those?" I asked the clerk behind the counter.

"Yes ma'am," he said quickly turning around to get the cigarets. I quickly stuffed a few chips in my bag and some candy bars and a few crackers. I looked back up just as he turned back around.

"Ma'am I'm sorry we don't have those," he said

"It's fine," I said giving him a smile. I turned around to leave and as soon as I reached the door he called me back.

"Ma'am, MA'AM" he shouted. I exited the store quickly he must have seen me. I don't even smoke I just needed him to be distracted for a minute.  I felt the cold air of November hit me in the face as I fled. I had run out of money in less than two days. I needed shelter before I froze death out here.

I hated stealing I hated being broke. I always wanted to go to college to make it be somebody. But that was a dream deferred. I barely had money to eat. College was just what I always thought it was a dream.

I walked down the road as it grew darker. I shivered from time to time and chattered my teeth. Cars drove by me some even honked. I wished so much that I was one of those people in those cars. I'd have my seat belt on the heat up high with the music blasting. I'd be on my way home to my beautiful house with a beautiful man. I'd be regular like everyone else.

I grew tired very tired and soon there where barely any cars on the road it had to be late. I passed a few more houses and spotted a church.

It was a small brown brick church like the shape of a box. It seemed to be inviting me as it set there. I made a sharp turn making my way towards the church. There where three steps that lead to the main doors. As I came up the stairs I came face to face with the double doors. There was a reef of flowers with a cross that had Jesus hanging from it.

   I looked at the small cross and the man who hung from it. I never have really been to church nor had any type of relationship with God. I've always been on my on. I prayed from time to time but it seems as if things only get worse.

I looked around the area of the church shivering. I sat down in front of the double doors leaning my head gently to the side. Tonight this would have to do. I wrapped my jacket around me extra tight as the wind began to blow. I glanced up at the cross that hung over the door once more. Then I slept.

{Akimed's POV}

"Come on bruh, if we don't set this up now then you know momma gone cuss us out," I said to my brother Tez.

He sighed finally setting the controller on the couch.

I grabbed my keys and wallet heading out the door as he followed.

As soon as I started my car up my phone rang. I didn't even have to look at the caller i.d to know who it was.

"Hey moma," I said making a stop at a stop sign.

"Don't hey moma me boi, where you at? She asked with attitude dripping from her voice.

"We on our way to the church ma," I said shaking my head.

"Well, you shoulda been there by now. You already know it's going take a long time to put all the instruments up. I knew I should have done this myself" she said.

"Ma the pastors anniversary ain't till tomorrow,", I said sighing "plus how you went it ya self when you don't even know how to set up the stuff?".

"Lil boy are you tryna get smart? Ohh you betta be glade II'msaved boy or I woulda hopped through this here phone and showed you sum" she said fast and loud in my ear.

I sighed "look ma I'm sorry, it's almost there,", I said

"Alright just call me when you finish," she said.

"Alright love you," I said

"Love you too," she said hanging up.

Ten minutes later we pulled into the small churches parking lot. I yawned putting the car in park. I was feeling a little tired.

"Let's go", I said unlocking the car doors and looking over at my little brother. He was only seventeen but he acted very maturely He had his moments but he was coo.

Me being 21 he's always looked up to me. He lives with my mom but he's always at my house on my couch playing games. I'm coo with it only because he needs some type of man in his life.

I exited the car as he slowly walked behind me.

As I got closer I spotted a small figure in the fetal position on the church steps. I speed walked trying to see who would be laying on the steps of a church?

When I got there I stood frozen looking at the sight in front of me. A girl. It was a small woman curled up in her thin jacket. She lay there uncomfortably her face pale and red. She shivered off and on her breathing slow but loud. She was sleep but I don't know how because it was freezing out here.

Tez was soon standing next to me his eyes wide.

I walked toward her bending down and shaking her cold body gently. It took a few times but her eyes finally opened. She jumped back her eyes never leaving mine. For a moment I was stuck just watching her eyes. They were so beautiful, she was so beautiful. They where light gray with a hint of hazel in them. Her complexion was the color of honey her hair was in its natural state curly and all over the place.

She stood to her feet wrapping her arms tightly around her body.

"I'm sorry" she spoke her eyes darting towards me and my brother then back again.

"No worries ma, why you out here in the cold?" I asked pulling out the keys to the church.

"I w-was just trying to get some sleep. I was just leaving" she said looking down at her hands.

I shook my head she was lying No one just stops at a church in the middle of November and goes to sleep.

"Look ma just come in and get warmed up so we can talk about this", I said stepping into the warm church.

"N-No I-" she started but Tez cut her off grabbing her small hand and pulling her inside.

"You can just sit right here while we set some stuff up," Tez said showing her to the front row seats.

She sat down uncomfortably looking around. Me and Tez walked back out to my truck unloading a few instruments

"What we gone do man?" Tez asked looking at me as I grabbed a piece to a drum.

"It's not we, it's just me"  I said looking at him "I'll handle this".

"I'm helping," he said firmly not breaking eye contact with me.

"Are you telling or asking?" I asked him starting back toward the church.

"I'm telling you, I found her just like you and I wanna help her. Plus I call dibs man she's beautiful" he said rubbing his hands together smiling.

I shook my head chuckling that's my brother.

As we entered the church I could see her laying in the front row her feet up with her hands covering her eyes. I looked down at her for a moment she was tired. I promised myself I would help her. Help her not have to be so tired again.

VOTE/COMMENT

~Rees~