Chapter 8

(Sorry if I get the ages wrong)

"Where the hell have you fucking been!?" A not so friendly voice yelled through the phone. The raspy and drunken voice of my uncle echoed through the speakers of the device.

"Where are you, I'll come and pick you up, you little shit better not of told ANYONE."

I shook in fear. All the memories of my uncle came back, all the emotions and unsettled memories just all came back.

"I-I didn't tell anyone,,I swear," I stutter. "Fucking little shit it's been days, where the fuck are you!"

I actually didn't know where I was. Where in Philadelphia was this? I didn't recognize any places.
"I-I don't know." I could hear my uncle start to get upset with me. Most likely wanting to throw something around, since I wasn't there.
"Listen up. I'm gonna find you. You better call me back and tell me where you are." I hung up not wanting to hear him rant to me. I was still shaken.

I couldn't go back, I just couldn't. I wish I never had this phone. After holding it in my hand I had realized the few notifications I had. Most of them were from my uncle. The threatening texts saying that I better not of turned him in. He was always worried that I would, but I've been too scared. A few other texts were from classmates of mine wondering where I had gone, from my absence from school. I had totally forgotten how life works, and that I've been missing school.

I turned off my phone after that so if my uncle did go to the police again they wouldn't have a chance to track my phone.

Trying to get my mind off it I picked out a matching outfit and decided to take a shower and just unwind and get ready for the day. The bathroom was also in this room, much like the basement.
I stared at the cuts on my stomach. Tracing my finger over it remembering why it's there. It was a reminder not to ever disobey my uncle or do anything that he didn't agree on.

I wish they would go away and not be such a bad reminder of such an awful past. Being in new clothes felt like I was a different person. It was just a flannel and leggings but I felt different. I decided to finally talk to this doctor lady who Barry has brought me to.

"Ah you're awake. Here have a croissant, I have some tea if you'd like," The older lady says sliding over a plate with the croissant on it. Her smile felt welcoming. I got myself cup of green tea and sat down at the table where she sat reading the newspaper.

"I don't think we properly met, Im Karen Fletcher, Im a therapist for many patients with D.I.D," She smiles putting down her newspaper and looking at me. "Im Casey Cooke, I met Barry at a convention. I'm sure he told you that last night, by the way sorry for just barging in." I didn't know if she knew that I was lying or not. I was just going along with what Barry had said last night.

"No worries dear, you're welcome here. My I don't want to be rude but may I ask how old are you?"

"I'm 17, I just got out of high school," Which was another lie. I hope she's not reading right through me. I was never good at lying. "My what a young girl, what are you doing with Barry and the others," She laughs. I laugh nervously along with her. Slowly things began to get uncomfortable. "Well, I have patients today, if you don't mind I usually don't have other people in the session with me, so you'll have to stay out until they're over," Karen says picking up the newspaper again.

"No worries, I'll uh, just go walk around the area, yenno just familiarize myself a little bit," I smile nervously before leaving to go back to the room. I was dying to see if I had gotten anymore messages from anyone. I turned on my phone and waited until the notifications came back on. After my quick talk with my uncle earlier this morning he had called three more times and left ten text messages threatening me again.

I went online to search my name to see if I was in the news while I was gone. Nothing was really out there. Then again my uncle wouldn't be dumb enough to send the police right to me risking the chances of him getting caught for the things that he's done to me.

I didn't really know what I would be doing for the few hours that I wasn't allowed in the living space. I thought about different things I could do. I wanted to go walk around the neighborhood but I didn't want to risk running into my uncle, since one of his favorite bars were around the area. I had searched up the zoo I had been kept in and saw that it wasn't that far from here. Maybe I'd stop by and ask Barry r whoever was in the light some questions.

-

After about an hour of stalling until it was time for me to leave I grabbed my coat and walked down the spiral of stairs that I had walked up last night. I was praying that I wouldn't run into anyone I know.

---------------

This week has been stressful. A ton of drama and stuff. But I'm happy that I was able to write this. Anyways I hope you all are enjoying this! More to come next week!

Please vote and comment feedback! Add this book to your library so you'll always know when I update! Follow me so you know when I post updates on my messages!

Love you all!
-llvevo

twitter: jcmesmcdad