Interview

Interview (Nick Cave)

Nick's ominous eyes scanned over the room he was in. Its blank walls whose wallpaper was peeling at the edges unsettled him, not to mention the dead silence. It was maddening. Only the sizzle of the embers in his cigarette, and occasionally the sound of his own shallow breathing can be faintly heard. The dark lord towering at six feet two inches lifted his pale arm and itched the back of his head, then dragged the small lock of thick black hair from his eye.

    Still silence. A tension was growing inside him that not even the cigarette could calm. He felt as though somebody was observing him, but from a place that wasn't visible to anybody who entered this room of nothing. On the glass table in front of him was a notepad, a pen and a recording device. The interviewer had left it there about forty-five minutes ago. The interviewer, right... Where was he? Nick gazed at the door and drew smoke out from his lungs then quietly cleared his throat, afraid that his voice would give him a headache if it were louder since the silence seemed to have completely filled his eardrums.

    "I want to leave.." He thought to himself. What was the point? Asking someone for an interview then leaving? Holding the cigarette between his lips, Cave picked up the three items on the table and lifted his legs up onto the white couch he was sitting on. He rested his head on the arm and left the items except for the notepad resting on his upper abdomen. He glanced over the questions scribbled out onto the paper and removed the cigarette from his lips, exhaling smoke then trading out the notepad for the recording device. His lanky fingers gently pressed down on the "record" button, creating a click sound that echoed throughout the room. Unamused, wetting his lips and drawing out a small sigh, he began. "Interview with Nick Cave, twenty-first of November, just myself and I. First question," he lifted the cigarette to his lips again "You and Blixa Bargeld play in quite a bit of shows together. Would you consider him a friend?" Nick thought a moment, then answered into the device. "Yes. A very good friend..." His lightly accented voice follows the slight echoes of the click throughout the room as he repeats the same process with all of the questions. Abandoned by the interviewer? More than likely..