xxi

- Eve

"Stupid fucking printer." I hissed, giving the black printer a kick in anger as it yet again refused to print my work off. I groaned, hanging my head as I silently prayed that the next time I pressed the print button, my work would finally print.

"Having fun there, Eve?" a voice asked which caused me to look up, I met eyes with Noah who was holding some sheets tightly in his hands. I nodded slowly, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment as I pushed the print button again. He chuckled, looking down at the screen before back up at me.

"Struggling to print?" he questioned, leaning against the wall next to the printer as he watched me look into the tray below to see if my work had come out.

"I guess so, it's being a difficult little bitch of a printer today." I answered, hearing the printer hum like it was considering whether it wanted to print my work or not. Noah chuckled, folding his arms over his chest.

"You're calling a printer a little bit-" he was cut off by my yell of delight as my printing slid out onto the tray below and I snatched it up and waved it up in the air. Noah let out another laugh, moving round to stand next to me. He looked down at my work, giving a considerate nod at my photographs I had taken for mine and Eric's moodboard.

"They're good photos." Noah said, pulling up the photocopier part of the printer and placing his notes on the top before pulling it down and pressing a few buttons to photocopy his work.

I smiled up at him, "I'm sure your notes are good too."

"Thanks." Noah responded, bending down to pull out his copies and placing the warm paper on the top as he waited for the rest of the copies to come out "So, what are you doing later?"

"Later? You mean tonight?" I asked, resting my weight on my left foot as I looked down at him with a furrowed brow.

"Yep, this afternoon, tonight, whatever. You finish early, right?" he replied, picking up the stack of his papers before turning to me. I nodded slowly, locking eyes with him and raising a brow. Why was he asking what my plans were? Was he about to ask me out or was he just showing general interest?

"I'm going shopping." I said, "I need to try and find an outfit for my best friend's hen do."

"Oh, I see. Need someone who can give you a second opinion?" Noah asked, holding his papers to his chest "And then we can go out for coffee afterwards."

"Sure, that'll be nice." I said with a grin, walking backwards towards the photography department "What time do you finish?"

"I'll come get you at four thirty?"

"Sounds like a plan, see you then!"

***

I pulled out a black mini skirt, frowning as I looked it up and down before hanging it over my arm to try it on. Noah stuck his hands in his pockets, looking up at the rows upon rows of tops and absorbing the many patterns and colours. He looked surprisingly happy, most guys would hate going shopping with girls but he looked happy to be helping me pick out an outfit for Sarah's hen do.

I had already chosen a top so I handed Noah the shopping bag before making my way to the fitting room with him close behind me, the both of us went into the fitting room and I went into one of the cubicles. I pulled the curtain across, unzipping the back of pencil skirt before I tossed it aside on the chair. I shimmied the black skirt up my legs, zipping the back up before admiring myself in the mirror.

Yanking back the curtain, I showed it off to Noah and he gave me the thumbs up "It looks great on you, Eve."

"Thanks! It's not too short is it?" I asked, looking down at the skirt which reached the lower part of my thigh but was still a bit above my knee. He shook his head, ruffling up his hair with his fingertips.

"No, you look great. It's just the right length for clubbing and dinner." he said and I gave him a nod. I slid the curtain shut again, unzipping the skirt and placing it back on the hanger. As I reached for my skirt, my phone buzzed in my bag and I dipped my hand into my bag to grab it and read my text.

From Mum at 17:36pm
Hello darling, what times are you free for your Dad and I to come over? We'd love to look around London so is a week before the wedding too much? Love you lots xxxx

I huffed as I pulled on my skirt, a part of me was excited to see my parents and the other part was I knew they'd pester me with questions about the wedding, my job and any other aspects of my life that they wanted to know every detail of.

I pulled up the zip with one hand as I typed my response with the other.

To Mum at 17:39pm
A week before is good, you can have my room and I'll sleep on the sofa x

I put my phone back in my bag, slipping my shoes back on before pulling the curtain open and walking out to meet Noah outside the changing room.

"Ready to go?" I asked, feeling my phone buzz in my bag and I followed Noah out of the fitting room and towards the check out. As I pulled my phone out, the text I read made my heart drop to the pit of my stomach as I let out a low groan of disapproval.

From Mum at 19:42pm
Sarah tells us you're trying to cosy up to the best man! We'd love to meet Simon before the wedding, I want to at least know some of the guests before the big day. Invite him for dinner xxx

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hello! this chapters a bit shitty but hey-ho i wanted to slip in an intro to a plot point and this means that the wedding chapters are drawing closer!

also i am 16 in exactly two weeks!

remember to vote and comment!

nell
1/09/17