War

After reaching the guest house and rushing for a good shower I stand in my room with shaky legs. It was now or never for the attack since the teen we had taken in had told me the Soulless king still couldn't find me.

We had left a few wolves by the opening of the hidden caves so that it seemed we were stalling. Truth was we were getting ready. Mika and the rest of his wolves were waiting in the clearing. They couldn't wait for this fight.

"Gem?" Amberle walks in quietly and I smile at my friend. She was in a light outfit that danced like flames to match her fur. I had told her to leave her tracker's gear at home. I was dressed similarly in a white outfit that held the same markings as my fur and couldn't help but feel powerful.

Since I had powers beyond belief we all had agreed to keep me in human form until I was needed in wolf.

"Everyone ready?" I ask and she nodds. That was the signal I needed for us to leave the room and make our way to the clearing where we trained the other pack.

"Alpha, what do you need me to do?" I was stoped by the teen, his body looking healthier once he was cleaned and in fresh clothes.

"Well Drew, since you're still young it'd easier to keep you here. You've been through a lot and I want you to rest. Please." I could tell he wanted to fight but it was true, this young jouvinile had been through a lot and as an Oracle wolf he would have to be safe.

I was ready to walk away and let him go inside when his hand suddenly grabbed my bicep and I turn to look back, his once silver eyes now pure white.

"Be careful. Not only do you have your life to protect but also the little one growing inside. Protect the pup." My fave blanched as he falls to the ground in unconciousness. He had outright told me I was pregnant. So clearly I had gone through torture while pregnant. That pissed me off immensely.

"Let's go." I ground out, motioning for a guard to help Drew out before taking off and joining Amberle in a tree, wolves following suit as we race towards the soulless' hide out.

[Gem you okay?] Ariven fills my mind and I growled slightly.

[No, that basted tortured me while pregnant. Drew just told me.] A loud growl follows my words as the rage I feel from my mate pushes everyone forward. No one will survive this.

The group stops just outside the line of trees as I make my way to the front, silence filling the air. I knew what I had to do to get them all to come out of the cave and with a grim fave I move my hands, my eyes closing as I feel the earth beneath me, moving through the as rooms slowly melted away to nothingness, opening creating new entrances until only one big cavern remained underground with all the wolves inside.

"Remember the rules. If anyone seems to be normal and surender push them to the outer edges and I'll trap them." My voice is clear as I focus my mind at the task at hand. That's when everyone took off.

I could feel the terror fill the cave as the wolves from all three packs descend on them, only a few remaining to protect me.

The earth I shifted soon filled with their rotten blood but every so ofter I would feel a wolf being pushed into a wall and I would cage them in.

As much as I wanted to fight I couldn't. My task was important since I kept the cavern from caving in.

Howls and whimpers reach my ears as the battle drew on and worry nawed at me.

[Riv?] I ask quietly.

[Don't worry Gem, you and our pup needs me.] His answer sends relief through me until I heard a familiar howl.

The soulless king was not inside.

"Gem." Amberle's voice asks with grim hatred deep inside and I focus on creating strong pillars around the cavern. Most of the wolves were either defeated or captured by now as I made sure the cavern would not collapse while I delt with this situation.

"Well now, seems like my little prey had indeed escaped." The hair on the back of my neck rose with his voice and I turn to face the man with pure hatred. Behind him stood raging soulless, they jowls open as saliva drips from their sharp canines.

"I'm not afraid of you." I growl out, anger surfacing.

"Are you sure because I remember how afraid you were all those years ago. I can still feel that little body of your withering under me as I forced myself deep into your innocence. It was so sweet. I even remember how my cum felt shooting into you. Too bad I never got you pregnant." He laughs out the last part as his crazed eyes set their gaze on my body, trailing from head to toe as he gobbled me up like a meal.

"Can't wait to make you mine when I kill that useless mate Mika." I still had the upper hand since he didn't know who my mate was.

"Over my dead body." I growl out, my arms extending forward as a rush of flames snake their way towards the wolf before me. Yelps of pain echo in the woods and I realize that I had charcoaled one of his underlings, not a mark was on him.

"Can tell that he isn't a nice person." Amberle states sourily and I frown at her.

Now was not a time to make comments.

"Now look what you did. I don't have many of them to spare you know." He pouts while my glare deepens at him.

"Well stop using them as your shields and fight." I growl out, this time shooting slices of air at him, watching as black blood splatters the forest and covering where the soulless king stood.

"No, for now I think I'll vanish. It's clear to me you are not who I thought you were and I wish to keep my good graces with your mother, the Moon Goddess." With that the blood clears and the wolves are gone.

The sad truth was I knew he would be back. But who would be his target next?