He chuckled and nodded. I shake my head. "I am applying to law firms now to get it out of the way. And since my professor was able to give me a recommendation letter, where I can apply to whoever, wherever. I practically, automatically get the job."

   "That's amazing, congratulations." He gives me another hug and I warm up on the inside. The flight attendant comes over and pushed her cleavage out a bit and I rolled my eyes. Listen Terrell cute but no need to be desperate.

   "Would you like anything to eat sir?" She asked flirtatiously. Terrell chuckled and said "No thanks." And turned back to watching me.

   "Would you like anything to drink? Wine, Soda, Water?" She asks again, slightly pressing herself against his arm. He looked back at her and she smiled, teeth and all.

    He looked back at me and asked "What do you want?" I shrug. "I was asking you sir, I'll get to her in a bit." The flight attendant says.

  Terrell turns back around and says "I wouldn't like anything, but if you could please get my wife a glass of red wine with cheese and crackers on the side would be lovely."

    I don't know who's face was redder me when he called me his wife or the flight attendant who stood straight up and zipped up her uniform. "Of co-course.." she said quickly and then leaving.

    Terrell turns back to me. "What?" He chuckles. I shake my head and go back to typing.

~~~

    "Papa!!" I yelled running towards him. He gave me a big ass hug. "My little girl is back home!" He said happily.

      "How are you? How was the flight?" He asked while putting my suitcases in the trunk

      "How are you? How was the flight?" He asked while putting my suitcases in the trunk. "Very good. I was next to Terrell." I chuckled.

   "Oh good he came also! Did he need a ride?" My dad asked looking for him. "No he left already way before you came." I say getting in the car.

   He nodded and then we drove off from the airport. "How was your golf session?"

    "Pretty fun. I whooped your Uncle Earl's ass!" He said smiling proudly. I shook my head my father's side of the family are golf maniacs. Tournaments, they go to them all. They golf playoff parties at the house, in Dad's basement or the Kingdom he calls it.

    In a matter of minutes, we are in front of the house and I smile happily. Seeing this house brought back all memories of prom send offs, first day of school, cookouts.

 Seeing this house brought back all memories of prom send offs, first day of school, cookouts

     I watched as my father unlocked the door so I can go inside, while he got my suitcases. I walked in the halls and made my way to the good smelling food from the kitchen.

    I walked to see my mom stirring the pot and fixing plates. I tiptoe and hug her from behind. "Hey Momma." I say. She screamed and turned and hugged the shit out of me. "My baby is home!!"

   She kept kissing all over my face and asking how the flight was and all over the place. "Go upstairs get settled, I'll call you when dinner is ready and we can talk more at dinner. I nodded and went upstairs to my bedroom.

   My mom always using it as a guest room for my little cousins who come over every other weekend. I sat on the bed and looked around.

    My mother is a interior decorator, ever since she retired from being a doctor and all

    My mother is a interior decorator, ever since she retired from being a doctor and all. She has redecorated the living room, all four bedrooms, the bathrooms, the basement. This lady went absolutely crazy when she started doing this. It's a natural talent for her though. That's why I'm probably super organized.

~~~

    "Professor Archer was a complete blessing by giving me the recommendation letter. To be able to join any law firm I want, without being bothered or being told you don't have the highest level of service or recommendation or whatever." I said while eating. My parents were overflowing with joy, once I told them of the good news. 

     "We are so proud of you Kels. Who would've thought you'd go from ballet dancing to defending people in court." My mom said getting a little teary eyed.

    "Mom no tears please. I don't need to cry." I say rubbing her hand. She smiles. My dad takes a sip of wine and says "How's that boy? Whats his name? Kent? Colby?"

   "Clark honey, Clark." My mom says rolling her eyes. So long story short, my parents aren't the biggest fans of Clark. Mostly because.. well they just don't like him and I don't know why. I know he and my dad didn't get so well when Clark said he doesn't like golf. And that's already a complete rejection from my father if you say that.

    I don't know if anything happened with my mother. She never said anything. But regardless of what, my happiness was most important to them. "I heard Terrell came back too. Such a lovely boy." My mom said breaking the slightly awkward silence.

    Now they love them some Terrell. Especially since his parents are my parents best friends. And we grew up together and everything. I nodded. "His parents are hosting a cookout this Saturday. I'm in charge of the banana pudding, pasta salad and watermelon." My mom said.

    "Great, I would like my special pan of banana pudding on the side thank you very much." I say and she smiles. "Child you know I always make you a separate batch,shush." She collects all the dishes and washes up. I head over to the living room and plop on the couch.

    Eventually, my parents tell me good night and go to bed so I'm alone watching TV. I decide to text Sierra and Clark see if they got home safely.

Me: Sierra you in Oakland safely right
Sierra: yes mom 🙃
Me: stfu

  I chuckled then I text Clark.

Me:hey love im home
Clark: good how are my in laws?
Me: they are good..Still dont fully like you but good😬
Clark: your dad still doesn't?? Why?
Me: why you think🤔
Clark: 🤦🏽‍♂️
Me: exactly

  I roll my eyes and was ready to turn my phone on do not disturb, then I got another message. I thought it was Sierra and it said Terrell. I tilted my head.

    Terrell: Aye asshole, I miss you lol
Me: Aye Shithead, I miss you too lmao
Terrell: need to catch up for reallll, you coming to the cookout right?
Me: I sorta wasn't planning to but I need to so yeah I am
Terrell: oh bettt

  I chuckled and pulled the little blanket on the chair closer and drifted to sleep.