Chapter 33 - "I stayed for you."

Start from the beginning

"I hate myself." I began.

"But I love her." He continued.

"So I'll live." We said together, and then he kissed me.

---

I was just leaving work when my phone started ringing. With my arms filled with books I lent from work it was impossible for me to reach my phone. So I turned around and went back into the store to ask my colleague for a bag. She just smiled and shook her head.

"Typical you, Olivia."

I rolled my eyes at her comment and took the paper bag from her hand. With her help I managed to get the books into the bag and once again leave the store. My phone began ringing for the second time and this time I could actually answer.

"Hello?"

"It's me. I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet."

I couldn't help but giggle.

"When are you going to learn not to quote songs?"

"To go over everything. They say that time's supposed to heal ya, but I ain't done much healing."

"Niall, stop." I laughed as I made my way towards the tube station.

"Hello, can you hear me?"

"Very clear, yes."

"Good. Because I'd like to take you out tonight, on a date."

"I don't remember that line from the song." I teased.

"I'm going to ignore the sass and instead tell you to be ready at seven."

"How fancy should I dress? Is it a formal thing?"

"I don't know. It's a normal restaurant."

"So, a dress is fine?"

"I'm a guy. I couldn't care less."

"Great, thanks for the advice."

"I mean you could arrive naked and I wouldn't complain. Just saying."

One minute after seven, there was a knock on the door. Before Zara had the chance to even stand up from the couch, I was reaching for the doorknob.

"Sorry I'm late. Couldn't decide what to wear." Niall smirked.

"Oh, shut up."

His smirk lingered on his lips before he leaned down to kiss me, but changed his mind last second and kissed me on my forehead instead of the mouth.

"You have lip-gloss." He explained, pulling a disgusted face.

"So is this a thing now?" Zara yelled from her seat in the couch. "Are you two back to being all cute and annoying?"

"You're the one to talk! I see you with Jake all the time." Niall called back.

"I liked you better when you were an asshole." She muttered, and Niall just continued to smirk.

"You don't like me either way."

She muttered something under her breath, and Niall chuckled.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Bye Zara!"

"I'll make sure she gets home before curfew." Niall joked.

I laughed and pushed him out the door.